Friday, August 24, 2007

Fast Lane Friday

This morning around 7:45 I heard Lisa's distinct ring on my cell phone and since I was deep in sleep, I could not answer it before the call went to voice mail. I got my wits about me and found my glasses to call her back. She was meeting Stacy at the BG (Buffalo Grille) and Stacy would have to leave a little before 9:00 for Kincaid, would I like to come and have breakfast. Well, sure! Lisa P and the BG...awesome! So, I scrambled out of the bed and got there right around 9:00. Had a delicious breakfast and we did some birthday celebrating as we left. Thanks Lisa, I LOVE everything and I love the extendomatic birthday. Then I ran to Emmanuel to get my hair cut. Goofy one that I am, I called Lisa and said would you like to come and see where I get my hair cut? Her answer was maybe...she had a little business to conduct beforehand. Got to Emmanuel and just had my hair washed when Lisa drove up. So what fun to visit with a friend and introduce my friends to one another. Lisa and I are funny that way, we want each other to see our normal everyday life. So when I am driving down the Gulf Freeway I think, oh there is Lisa's Panera Bread, there is her Macy's, her Lifeway etc... Now when she calls and I am getting my hair cut or highlighted, she can picture right where I am. Fun times.

Then I ran a couple of errands and returned home. I am waiting for Roy cause he is getting his eyes checked and new glasses. I am the new glasses part. I help him pick them out.

I now know if I ever get addicted to prescription drugs, my friends can do an intervention like two days after I start taking them. I never realized how different I am on Demerol and Darvocet. They quiet me down, my mind doesn't race and I am about three beats behind everything. I know in the past few days I have been at work and worked, but conversations...I don't remember them. I heard a couple of things I said from friends and I can't believe I said some of that out loud. Oh my... I know how to aggravate Jason, slow down my speech. He said that was the longest meeting we ever had cause it took me so long to form the words to discuss anything. Love having that knowledge.

In the coming days if you would say a prayer for a loved one of mine, I would appreciate it. This morning they had a bone marrow test to see why their blood platelets are so low, 23,000. The normal range is 125,000 -400,000. They will get the results on Wednesday.

Buddy was a wild cat last night and she is soundly sleeping on the chair. I am now going over there and wake her up, then let her go back to sleep, so I can wake her up again. It ain't right how that cat sleeps all day just to roam and have adventures at night. Most of the adventures last night entailed knocking everything off the dresser.

Speaking of adventures, we are all having adventures in office supply ordering. If the slogan is, "that was easy" it might not be indicative of the ease of ordering, but how quickly and easily one could loose their temper. If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. The cheapest is not always the best solution...and that applies to more than office supplies, it applies to life. I heard someone say this morning at the Emmanuel, "just because someone has nice things, that doesn't make them a nice person." So true.

Have a wonderful weekend! Have fun! Look for the presence of God in the little things in your life. He will totally blow you away with how involved He is in the details of our lives.

1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

i'm scared of the office supplies. debbie & i have not yet ordered our calendars, and we may never get them, you know.