Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dang, it is One Incredibly HOT Day

Has anyone else been outside this afternoon? It feels like August not June. It is so unbelievable hot, dang hot, hotter than a bad girls dream, it's hot! Guess I went a little overboard there, but in case you aren't in Houston right now, I just wanted to share a little of the HOT temperature with you. I just came in from a bookstore and a grocery store. Thought I was going to have to place some frozen food around my neck just to be able to get in with groceries in one trip. Praise Him, I'm so glad that I've been working out and able to accomplish that feat.


The day didn't start out very good. Somehow I hit the screen of my phone and ruined it this morning. While I was out taking care of some knee business, I thought I'd do the grown up thing and go to Sprint myself. In over my head and called Roy. Long story short, we are going back tonight. Roy is always prepared to pay the exit fee from the contract if he doesn't get the deal he is looking for. I have a Centro phone and now they want like $400.00 bucks for that thing. I knew it would be best to step back and let Roy.... So, we'll have us a little adventure tonight. I'm bringing a book because phone stuff just like computer stuff is never easy. We have a line that we hardly ever use, so Roy asked me to go home and get the phone before doing anything else. Man, I was so close to Target and that's on the list of stops today. Prayed all the way there and back. You know the kind of prayer, please just let me get there and get home without anyone hitting me or without any kind of car trouble. While pulling in a parking place, a cart was positioned in the next space a bit awkwardly and it brought back memories of the day at Target returning to my car where there was a nail in the tire and someone had scraped a cart down the back side of my car. Of course I'm taking authority in Jesus Name that nothing like that will happen today. Target and the trip home were uneventful. Hallelujah!


All this meant I missed Vacation Bible School today. Hope there was enough sliced cheese without me.


I've been thinking about this for a bit and Peggy has certainly been encouraging me to come back to choir. One thing, I had to make sure I can stand for long periods of time and be able to do the stairs in the loft. Been feeling stronger in that area, so I went to rehearsal last night, just to visit, no plans on joining. Guess what? I am now a choir member and even have a robe number to prove it. I sat on the front row for goodness sake, well I did that to be with good singers. Can't read a lick of music but if I hear it, I can sing it. Is that singing by ear? Anyway, loved the songs we worked on last night. Felt good to sing and have a good time doing it. John Bolin rocks the Casbaugh!


Well, I had better put up the remaining groceries and some of the stuff from Target.

2 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

The last two days have been so humid here that I have not wanted to leave the house....I am just not a summer person...

Love your stories...If you come my way this summer, please let me know...

marty h said...

This afternoon felt like a blast furnace - yucky!!! Yeah!!!! You are now an official longtime returning choir member - a front row choir member at that. I am so totally impressed. Can't wait to hug you on Sunday.