Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pick Ups, Storms and Stuff

Roy's flight should be very near Houston. He said this morning he is ready to be away from the noise of the ubiquitous slot machines. Of all the ones he traveled with for this conference, he is the only one to have a room with a beautiful view. He could see the mountains in the distance and he loved awakening to that marvelous sight. When they land he will call and then I will go pick him up. Works really well the timing because by the time they finally arrive at a gate and he picks up his luggage, I should be there waiting for him or rather circling for him in the arrival area. I get so dyslexic at the airport. The terms confuse me, departures sometimes translate to me those who are departing for home and arrivals can be those who have arrived at the airport to take a flight. Believe me, I do a lot of talking to myself.





I've been going through cabinets rearranging and throwing away stuff. There have been some wonderful discoveries, like some hair products that I bought on sale and forgot about. It's about time to replace the used ones and boom, in the midst of disorganization, I found treasure. That was the best find of the day.



Went through a small bookcase in our bedroom and found several books that now find their place in the Half Price Book box. Thankfully, that cleared some room for the books I bought this week. The other day I mentioned I haven't been reading that many "Christian" books but I picked up a book by David Jeremiah. I've already forgotten the title but the theme of the book is finding the way when a bend of the road has come into your life. All the chapters are based on Psalms. You know I have been looking for books and information on storms. The storm in Psalm 107 gets a lot of attention in a chapter. And helping fill in some storm formation details, I talked to Mark the weather man in choir this morning. OK, now it is Sunday evening and I am just now getting back to this post. So, I have a renewed interest in my study. There aren't that many books or info out there on the storms in the Bible.

Terminal C at IAH is under major construction, so this added to my dyslexic state. I follow all the construction directions and instructions and ended up in the entrance of some parking lot. I made the illegal turn to go out the in and find my way to the pick up area. There was Roy flagging me down. I had called him to let him know I had made a wrong turn and I might have to pick him up at departures if I couldn't find him. It was great to see him and we went out to dinner at Collina's before returning home. He also brought home great gifts including the t-shirt that he called about when I was sound asleep.


Roy's mom is still in the hospital, but doing much better. My dad's heart procedure is still on hold as he awaits to get on the Dr's schedule.


Being back in choir has been so good. I tried to be late enough this morning to miss warm ups. Peggy and I know that we could warm up till forever and we will sound the same. Sing with our eyes wide open and expressive is the same sound as non expressiveness. The music we worked on Wednesday night so ministered to my spirit.

Tuesday is my next big check up with the cardiologist. I don't think I will have lost any weight because I haven't done so well since being on vacation. Hopefully, I haven't gained weight. I"ll also have an echo cardiogram done. This time before the tech leaves the room for me to get into the paper shirt, I am going to ask him to undo it for me. I always rip it and put it on wrong. I am expecting good reports but sometimes I get some symptoms that makes me wonder if everything is alright. Those kind of thoughts hit you once in awhile and I have to make a choice of believing God or giving into fear.

This afternoon I took a really long nap. That is usually what I do on Sunday afternoons. I was sound asleep and Buddy came right up to my ear and meowed twice waking me up. She doesn't like it when I sleep with my back to her. I turned onto my right side, petted her and she went back to her place on the bed as if all was right in the world.

Stay tuned for a fun announcement this week on Monablog.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hooray for fun announcements!