Thursday, June 25, 2009

Catching Up and a Really Cool Give a Way




Wow, four days without the Internet feels like a very long time. Somehow Sprint and Vista were not communicating well. Roy has spent several evenings with the fine, fine folks at Sprint and on a lark I decided to fire up the ol' computer to see if anything had been resolved today and low and behold connection was made.


If 2009 had a theme, mine would be the year of living stress free or at least with a lot less stress. I had my cardiologist appointment on Tuesday and it went well. Still have the problem of an irregular heart beat, but then so does half of America. Haven't gained or lost any weight so I felt good about that. After vacay, getting back to a normal, healthy diet has been difficult. My blood pressure is 110/60. Whooo Hoooo!!!! I am still under the directive of the 3 r's, rest, relax and read. Love that prescription!


Today I had my monthly....massage. In the words of Peggy Hill, "oh yeah!" Stacey even did some stretching of my knees and legs and there wasn't one bit of pain in my knees. In fact my knees were moving in ways they haven't moved in years. Those knees were twisting and turning kind of reminiscent of Linda Blair in the Exorcist. NO green puke was observed during that part of the massage. NO strange and odd voices coming out of me except maybe again, an "oh yeah" Peggy Hill style.


Now, to the all important announcement I mentioned on Sunday. In a celebratory spirit of my good report from the cardiologist and in the style of sharing the things I love on Monablog, Stacey and I would love to do a give away of a spray tan at Life Time Fitness in City Centre. To qualify, you need to live in the Houston area or are going to be visiting Houston sometime this summer. All you have to do is, leave a comment letting me know you want to be entered into the drawing. If you want to look at her website it is http://www.glogirltanning.com/. If you want to have a beautiful bronze tan, comment away! Oh, this is just a one time trip and it needs to be at Life Time which I think I already said, but I am so sure that the joy of a spray tan may have clouded your comprehending process just for a few moments. I'll close comments on July 15 and announce the winner on the 17th.


Oh, I got to see two Jennifers this week, Jennifer M and Jennifer Warren. Jennifer M and fam were at China Love on Tuesday night. Got to meet her sweetie and cute little girl. Then Jennifer Warren came up during choir last night. I was so excited to see her, I forgot to ask her her favorite color. That's what we were doing at that time in choir...


Oh and I know many of y'all want to ask this question and I will answer it for you, yes, that is my flat ab in the above picture.
OK, I lied, that's not me.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Funny, my favorite color is red! :)