Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Kind of Silence

Strange, I haven't felt like writing. That is unusual for me. There are days when I could post about 3 times and write in my journal. But the past few days have been more of thoughts being processed that I'm not ready to write out. Writing usually invigorates me but sitting here right now and wondering what to write is tiring me out. This from the person who after riding and working out this morning thought about walking on the track at church since I felt boundless energy. Maybe what I want to write about is really kind of whinny. Could be that only a few would really understand the complicating and conflicting thoughts that have been churning about for a little while. Now for those of y'all who read my blog and the answer is always depression to any slight turn of events, no I am not depressed. I promise. In the midst of processing thoughts I have been having a really good time and enjoying life with the exception of a couple of hours here and there. Oh, I am not devastated by Michael Jackson's death and that doesn't have me silenced in grief. He lived a sad life, but dude could dance. I still have Thriller and Off the Wall in album form. I did go to itunes and download some of my favs of his. Vacuuming around the house hasn't been this danceful since the 90's.


Could the days be any hotter? It gets downright hot in my car even with the A/C blowing at full blast. All those fun days in the spring are now catching up with me. The hot, blazing sun and a convertible top are not compatible.


Looking forward and not forward to the month of July. Have some fun things on the calendar this month. I am looking forward to Bunco on Monday night. I had to miss last month, so it has been a couple of months since I have rolled some dice. Bad part of July is a month of substitute teachers in Sunday School, well just one teacher for the month. Don't think I can be well behaved in that situation. And although this sub is OK, her style isn't my favorite so I might totally act out instead of sitting still. So, I think I will visit around or play hooky from Sunday School for the month. By my behavior I don't want to cause others to sin. Good thing I have never been hung up with perfect attendance. I'm starting out the month on a good note by having dinner with friends before choir this evening.


It's official, Roy hated Las Vegas. Although, he did bring home some great gifts for me and he said he had fun buying them, he doesn't have much use for the Viva Las Vegas. What cracks me up is the conference was for the new international accounting standards that most companies are going to instead of GAP. Bunch of card counting accountants running around sin city. When Roy checked into his hotel, he was asked by the front desk clerk if anyone would be coming to his room later and need a key... What????? So glad he spent his time at the conference, eating dinner with his co workers and hitting the fitness room. And of course shopping time for the wifey pooh at home.

That's it for now. Need to concentrate on laudry. Our machine was out of commision and it took 2 weeks to schedule the appt, have Roy be here and wait for the part to come in. That's a lot of laundry piling up. Think we have just about have all clean clothes and towels.

4 comments:

LynnAnn said...

Here I go de-lurking again. I hope you don't have issues with stranger danger because I seem to be making myself rihht at home on your comment page. Anyway, is there any chance I saw you on the Session1 video of Beth Moore's Esther? I sure felt like it was you in the audience...

Jennifer said...

I can't believe a hotel would ask that question!!! Even if it is Vegas!

Ali said...

Running out of clean clothes is a great excuse to go buy some new ones. Do you want me to kidnap the delivery driver with the part?

FitzandMolly said...

Your laundry is piling up because you are depressed. I'll have to whip you into shape on Monday night.