Friday, July 31, 2009

Don't Mess With Buddy or Texas

Just when I have come to terms with Sprint dropping my email address, I begin to receive emails to my Sprint email account this morning. No matter, I am keeping the gmail as my main email address because one never knows when the digital rug will be pulled out from underneath me again.


I decided to take the rest of this week off from workouts and begin anew on Monday. It has been nice. Roy decided while I was in San Antonio to become a full time bus rider to and from work. He exchanged his parking pass for a bus pass. The time on the bus, which seems to run on time so far, gives Roy some margin to the start and end of the work day. He has never enjoyed driving and most who have ridden with him don't enjoy his driving either.


Several years ago when we were in Colorado, I bought a t shirt that had been dyed in chocolate. When I wore that t-shirt, the fragrance of chocolate enveloped me. Each time it was washed, it lost a little of it's chocolate charm. In the gift shop at HHC, they had t-shirts that had been dyed in red dirt. There were several designs to choose from and my favorite was the Don't Mess With Texas one. I wore it yesterday and as per instructions, I washed it in cold water by itself. No, I didn't smell like dirt when I wore it. At least I don't think I did. They didn't throw me out of the play grocery store yesterday.


When Ali was here from Belfast, I happened to be the one to tell her that Don't Mess With Texas is our slogan for dealing with litter. She was a little disappointed.
I'm never that crazy about burnt orange but to buy this I told myself it was red dirt.

Today Buddy sat still long enough, awake, to let me take her picture. Yep, don't mess with Buddy. She has been my constant shadow since returning home. She didn't even do the natural cat thing and act all mad when I first arrived home. She ran to me and flopped on her side right in front of my feet. It didn't help that I still was pulling in luggage and bags.



I still have some more stories to tell from my trip and those will be coming in the next week or so.



1 comment:

Ali said...

Driving into Belfast last week I pulled up at the lights behind a car with the 'don't mess with Texas' bumper sticker. I took a picture. Did I send that to you? Anyway, I felt like telling the guy in the car in front it wasn't the tough saying we all thought it was, but the lights turned green.