Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Nothing Worthwhile Can Be Hurried

"Nothing worthwhile can be hurried-not the seasons, not birth or death, the coming of day, the moving into night; not a composition, a thought, a work of art, or the form of a story. Patience is what makes each experience meaningful. Finding the time to be patient is what makes a life well lived." The Second Journey, Joan Anderson



Today didn't turn out quite how I anticipated. Roy was up early and decided to let me have a slow morning before going to my massage. So he took the bus downtown. Yesterday was a full day and I seem to forget that even fun things take so much energy and by the end of the day I am drained. So, it was incredible to have a slow morning. My appreciation of them is growing. I went for my massage and poor Stacey was having a difficult morning and felt very ill. Would I reschedule? Sure, not a problem. So I will see her after my short trip away. On my way home I ran by the Barnes and Noble, of course with the thought of just looking, not buying. Pat Conroy's book doesn't come out until August 7, so I figured there wouldn't be too much that would get my attention. Oh, I was so very wrong. Robert Whitlow has a new book. There is another book I have heard very good reviews on, Between Wyoming and there it was. So I came home with two books after Roy took two boxes of books to Half Price Books on Saturday. And I gave him the stern warning, don't buy any more books. Ha ha...don't seem to follow my own instructions, but then that is not surprising.





On the return home I also stopped by the bank to use the ATM machine. Yep, pride comes before a fall. I laughed to myself as I pulled in, gone are those days when the whole bank staff have gathered around the video of me to see me trying to use a ATM. I don't think I have had so much trouble getting the card in correctly since those not too long days of old when I feared the machine. Probably all the fumbling and bumbling came from not using a ATM for over a month. So once again I'm making faces, moving the car forwards and backwards to get to the proper positioning without scaring my neck from the edge of the seat belt and on the 4th try I was successful in getting the card inserted correctly. Gee...just for a couple of bucks. Nothing worthwhile can be hurried.

No comments: