Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Adjustments

We are going through a little period of adjustment around here. Roy's truck is nearing death and if we want to get the stimulus money of $4500 toward a new car, the truck has to still be living. We took his truck in to see if the carburetor needed to be cleaned and learned from the mechanic his truck's transmission is loosing its low gear. Since we are so opposed to having a car payment, we will wait till earnings are announced so that Roy can cash in some stock to make this purchase. He is looking at all kinds, styles of cars and SUV's. So, for the time being, I am getting up at 6:00 am to take him into work and he takes the bus home. This seems a round about way of an answer to prayer. Unless I have someplace I have to be at, I'll sleep and take the easing into the day route. In my heart of hearts, I've been wanting to get up and work out earlier and even asked the Lord for strength and the desire to get up early. Guess He saw that on my own, this was leading no where. So, we are into day 2 of this and it's ok. Yesterday I dropped Roy off and was at Lifetime by 7:30. Worked out and ran errands and found myself home before 10:30. Not bad. Today, dropped him off and was at church by 7:20 to walk. Funny, when I worked there I hardly ever was on time, more like 8:15 ish. Finished up my walk a little after 8:00 and came home to get cleaned up and dressed for my 10:00 am free facial at The Nord.


The facial was awesome! Since December or so, I've been using Perriconne MD for my skin care. Their products have reduced some fine lines and firmed up my skin. I prebought their special products that are offered during the Anniversary Sale @ Nord which I picked up today. I had my facial in this wonderful massage chair. If I had a chair like that at home, I don't think I would ever leave. Lovonne did my base makeup afterwards and then went to see Nicole at Laura Mercier for my eyes and lips. Dang, I looked so good at the Play Grocery store and now I'm just sitting at home looking good. Buddy hasn't even mentioned how good my makeup looks.


Sunday afternoon, right after Roy left to hand out flyers for the Houston Project, I heard a siren that came very close to our home. Didn't think too much of it until later in the afternoon when coming in, there was a Harris County Medical Examiner truck at our back entrance. Roy told me that he saw 2 medical examiners, ambulance and police car. Wildest thoughts are, oooo, I wonder if someone killed someone here to the more likely thought of, oh, one of the old people must have passed. Well, it was neither nor. Our neighbor down around the corner died. Her husband found her in the bathroom, dead. She was youngish...like around my age. It is really so sad. It is also ironic that her husband, the rule keeper and resident hall monitor, has newspapers in front of his door. If you don't pick up your paper like around noon, he would leave a note or report you.


This morning it was kind of tough walking around the track when one side of the gym has become home for the week to teenagers from other churches working the Houston Project by day. I walked the track looking at the line. I didn't want anyone to think that I was walking around the track to look at all the sleeping beauties and prince charmings sacked out. Those are the kind of things you have to do when you are young, sleep in a gym and love doing so. Sleeping on the gym floor even with thick blow up mattresses doesn't interest me anymore. My senior year of high school, we did something like Houston Project only it was called Camp Houston. We slept at the church and worked on projects around the city during the day. We went through the waters of baptism several times one day just to cool off. That's when the church emptied the baptistery because there were teenagers in the church not trying to be sacrilegious, just trying to cool down. I remember saying, in the name of the water, to cool off from the sun and we need a holy float. Amen...world without end.


Guess I should end this post and go see if my make up still looks good.

4 comments:

FitzandMolly said...

i'll get to that story time post some day soon...promise.

Amanda said...

I've always wanted to play in the baptistry.

annie's eyes said...

It's funny you write on adjustments and God's way of getting us there right when I am doing Experiencing God and Blackaby says, "Adjustments require sacrifice." Perhaps it is sleep for you, or just getting out earlier. Not sure the magnitude it is for me yet. I'm a little scared to tell you the truth, though I know He enables! Love, A

Marty H said...

Hey, you now have that fancy phone. You should have taken a self-portrait to post while you were gorgeous. We would have appreciated you, unlike Buddy!