Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Monablog Thoughts or Lack Of Thoughts

Sometimes there just isn't all that much to post. It would be great to have some hugely, creative post, but nothing is coming to me. If worse came to worse I could write some big time spiritual post but it would just be blowing wind. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like writing about what God is speaking into my heart but I am kind of tired of everything, I mean every little thing having spiritual significance. If you get mad about that last sentence, you'll be mad at the choir. I am all about the little daily events that make up so much of life and the chances we have to see God move in our lives. Guess I would be talking about those forced points that shoves a lesson in our face to be learned in every, single observation. It has been a premeditated decision on my part not to do that so much in this season on the Monablog. Updates, reflections and reports on activity seem to keep me contented right now. I love sharing what God is doing but I am not going to have 3 points, a poem and a prayer on every post. There, got that off my chest.


Just finished the biography of Freya Starks this morning. What an incredibly interesting story. Now I am ready to read a couple of her travel books that she wrote with a good background. I am also reading Mudbound. It is a very compelling story and each chapter is told by a different character in the story. Mudbound is set in Mississippi, not on the grand vistas of the world.


This time last year, Dena and I were on a cruise. It was much cooler where we were last year in comparison to being in Houston now.

Roy's mom is back in the hospital. Roy's brother took her to the ER on Sunday. They found out she has congestive heart failure in addition to everything else. Yesterday, she wasn't doing so well but today she has been fitted with a better fitting mask and her CO2 levels are going down. Roy contemplated whether going to Shreveport or not at this time. He is attending a conference that has to do with his new responsibilities at work. So he is at a watch and see mode.

My dad has been released from his surgeon, so he is hotly pursuing his release getting over to his heart surgeon. We are not all convinced that he really needs this and there are other options available to him. So, we await word of those happenings.

Roy told me about a devotion he received via email last week. It did present an interesting thing to think through.

Christianity started in Palestine as a fellowship; it moved to Greece and became a philosophy; it moved to Italy and became an institution; it moved to Europe and became a culture; it came to America and became an enterprise. Enterprise is just another word for business.

In the class where this quote was used, a student asked this question; if the church is the body and if the body is sold for business, isn't that prostitution? Interesting thought and I have pondered it much since Roy told me about it. That's it, I don't have any interesting insights to share about this but if you, please share.


That's it. Buddy is staring at me, so guess she is wanting to play. Right now her favorite activity besides sleeping is chasing the fish on the end of a children's fishing pole. That fishing line baffles her because she doesn't see it well. We will play a rousing game of this tonight so that she will sleep.

1 comment:

jené said...

Enjoyed both Mudbound and this post. Praying for your family. Glad Buddy has someone to play games with!