Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Appointments, Errands, Friends, Track, and Air Organ

Where has this day gone? It seems like I was just waking up to take on the new day. So it is true, time flies when you are having fun. Now in reality some of the stuff I had to do today was not fun, but I chose to make it fun.

First off, I had a Dr appointment. It went well and my numbers are good for only being at this a month and a half. Got an increase in meds and found out my blood pressure is really low. They never told me the number and I asked three times. But I think the low blood pressure is a God thing because the Dr said it is protecting my kidneys. So Praise God, He is taking good care of me. Another God thing, opthamologist had a cancellation and I have an early morning appointment on Monday morning.


After the Dr appointment, I went to Buffalo Grill. You know I wanted pancakes really, really bad. But I was somewhat good and had eggs and grits with delicious toasted cinnamon coffee. Then off to Old Navy and clearance items were marked down 50% more, so I did all right at the ON. Of course while in that shopping center, I had to check out Nord Rack's progress and I prayed for everyone working to make it a reality by February 25. Also stopped in Whole Earth Provision Company and found some sale items for Roy.


Once all the errand running was done, I headed to church to walk. But much to my delight I ran into friends eating lunch and of course it is a must stop situation. So fun, so entertaining and then it was off to the track to walk.


Yesterday while riding the recumbent bike at Lifetime, I had an odd experience. So, there is a row of open bikes but this lady chooses the bike next to me. She has some weird stretching routine that she has incorporated into her workout on the bike. Only thing, she was space invading me. She nearly was hitting my nose and I know my nose is not small by any means but really, she was nearly hitting my nose with her lightweight dumbbells. So I am leaning way to my right to keep out of harms way. I was tired of my regular workout music, so on my iPod I was listening to great organ masterpieces. Every once in a while I like to hear me some good, triumphant organ music like you hear at Easter. I had read on the LPM Blog and on some of the blogs linked up for the SMT recaps that Beth had done an kneeling air guitar on her walk. So, why not play some air organ and freak out the space invader woman next to me. So on the last song which was Christ the Lord is Risen Today, I played down the invisible house on my invisible organ. Only wish I had thought to do the foot work peddling. Before each verse of the song, the organ went up an octive and each and every verse became more majestic. Who wouldn't be inspired to air organ? So, I did and I played like I knew what the heck I was doing. It was Easter Sunday in all its glory going on in my imagination, that was running away with me. Played all the range of keyboards on my air organ. I was gooooooooeeeeeeed if I do say so myself. My ending and exit from the bike was timed perfectly. Played my last flourish of rock organ, held for the applause from my invisible fans and then closed my session out with a little Mississippi Mass Choir, "I'm Not Tired Yet." It stopped space invader lady from doing her routine. Then I was off for my strength workout. I played it safe and went back to my normal playlist.

2 comments:

AyDubb said...

Wow. Your post provided a much-needed smile this afternoon. Nice finish. And it served her right for being all up in your personal space. That'll teach her to stretch so close to you. :-)

FitzandMolly said...

I just read this out loud to Mike, and both of us were laughing! I wish I could have seen this!