Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday Blogging

I went to the land of Sugar today for a haircut. The weather dismal and by the time I left the rain was coming down at a pretty good clip. Decided against my regular thing of going over to Super Target and headed back toward home. Now the rain has ceased for the time being and a trip over to the Play Grocery store might be very likely this afternoon.


There isn't really too much to blog about. Blah, blah, blah on the adjustments that I'm making health wise. I've lost 5 more pounds and bought a scale that is accurate and lines up with the Dr's office. Total weight loss since September 11, 2008...92 pounds! I started back working out. My mind wants to pick up right where I left off but my body has nixed that. I did have a good start though.


This seems to be a good day to start the new Gail Godwin book that came last week. She is one of my favorite authors. I struggled with her last book but this one seems like it is back in her sweet spot of writing.


Like so many of you, I am prayerfully watching the coverage of Haiti and the people devastated by so much loss both of people and possessions. The stories of faith and redemption are scattered among the other reports of loss, destruction and death. Those stories are a testimony to God. Oh to see aid and comfort come more quickly to these hurting people.

1 comment:

Marty H said...

Good job on the weight loss! I am proud of you.