Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Slowly But Surely

It looks to be a cold couple of days here in H-town...It's the H-town coool down. Giving my props to Yolanda and Brother Larry Jones. Does anyone say props anymore? I am so out of it. I am always looking to procure a Revolution...ohhhh...ohhhh...do ya want a Revolution...whoop whoop. These whoops have nothing to do with Aggies by the way. Anyway...can you tell I am off meds? Anyway, it has been a Wednesday Adventure day here in my sphere of influence. I have bravely gone to grocery stores before the cold hits. It feels cold on the outside but oh so tropical on the inside of Kroger's and Central Market. Seemed like hurricane supply time. I had no clue people would be in the stores panic buying. They should be at Lowe's or Home Depot doing that kind of thing. Man, I am just trying to buy bread and Diet Coke. Well at Kroger's but at Central Market it was blood oranges and Cara Cara oranges. Also came home with some roses. Not quite the panic food mode. It was nice to know that even the healthy/organic crowd is panic buying. It helps the economy fo' sure.



This morning I had a start up or follow up appointment with a Dr. Part of my cardio check up brought some not so great news, we think. So I went through the holidays a little mad about the surprise. Then I got over it. Stopped investigating it on Dr. Google and did what I should have done in the first place. Trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding. So this morning I began this journey by giving blood and having more tests run. You know I am looking for the Lord in all of this, and yeah, I found Him.



I finally have a name of what I have and have been going through, rapid atrial fibrillation and severe cardiomyopathy not ischemic in origin. Kind of like supercali... from another Julie Andrew's movie I don't care for. :) Anyway, I will deal with it for the rest of my life (not severe now, Yea!!!) and right now we are all working toward putting me in the best position to do that.




Now here are two good things about this morning. One, I've been prescribed some meds for my panic attacks. I will probably never take any of the pills but it gives me a sense of control. Not control but a knowledge of having something to take the edge off when I get panicked in a public place or in the choir loft. The Dr told me it is like having post traumatic stress disorder.



The other good thing is, I've lost 10 more pounds...during the holiday season. I'd pat myself on the back but don't want the pride coming before a fall type of thing. That puts me at 86 pounds. I have lost 86 stinking pounds! There are friends of mine who weigh that much or a little more, so it would be like loosing a whole person or two children or three young children. Part of me realizes I have lost that much but part of my brain hasn't quite got it. I still buy clothes too big and have to return them. Thankful the Nord has the generous customer service policy. Roy bought me some pajamas for Christmas in a size large. I didn't think they would fit, that they would be too small. So, I kept putting off trying them on until last night. Oh my goodness, they fit. I went through some pics from 2008 till today trying to get my brain around this. Oh, I have about 40 more or maybe 50 more pounds to go. But there was the joy...loosing weight when I haven't been all that attentive to the whole process. So here are some pictures to chart my progress



June 2008 on an Alaskan cruise. Weighed the most I had ever weighed and symptoms were raring their ugly heads but there was an answer to all the symptoms and didn't look like heart issues.
Peggy and I went to Living Proof Live in San Antonio. This was the weekend of August 23rd. While there I had a heart attack but didn't know it at the time. This is Cheryl who I finally got to meet at the event.

Christmas 2008 at Peggy's. Think I had lost about 35 or 40 pounds in this picture.
August 2009 at my mother in law's funeral.


Me today just messing around with my phone after my Dr. appointment.



Well, that's it for today. Don't know my next move until the results come back. Well, I know I am moving on with God, don't need any results to do that. Maybe I will bust a move. Uh, does anyone say that anymore? I am so out of it.










No comments: