Monday, January 18, 2010

Go Ahead, Twist My Ankle

Dressed in new work out duds...check
Water to stay hydrated...check
iPod...check
Membership card...check
Grace and dignity....oh must have left those in the car, dang!


Yesterday afternoon, late afternoon, I headed over to Lifetime to get in a work out. I knew I would be pressed to get one in today. Soooo, on the evening before a holiday, at the first of the year when everyone is enthused about working out, I went to Lifetime. No problem finding a parking space, so far so good. Walked down the steps at a pretty good clip, very encouraging. Walking across the street and twisting my ankle on one of those big round speed disks, embarrassing. The disks are about 5 inches tall and that can be a mighty long fall for ankles. How I even walked onto it, I have no clue. Former athlete that I am, I caught my balance, didn't fall and limped over to the sidewalk. All those painful ankle sprains from volleyball have paid off in life. My ligaments and tendons are so stretched that usually nothing major happens when twisting an ankle. (this morning there isn't any swelling or bruising but it feels a little sore) I didn't lift my head because I did not want to see anyone or see if anyone was around to see the whole episode. Practicing everything I learned from sports, I walked it off. Gingerly at first and by the time I was close to the entrance, I felt confident that I could perform my work out duties and the first runner up wouldn't have to take my place. So, I open the door meanwhile dragging it across the top of my toes. Ouch!

1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

had fun last night - glad we could ride together!