Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall Has Arrived!

Fall is blowing in and in a big way this morning.  The wind is gusting from the North.  I have gone out a couple of times to pick up trash that has blown about from our tumped over containers.  The trash service just came by and picked up the recycle bin stuff.  That will help.


Yesterday I went to the land of sugar to meet Lisa P for lunch.  Before meeting her I stopped at the bike shop that I had visited and went all old lady in last week.  I was very thankful that I felt much better yesterday than I did last Monday and because of that was able to stay on task and not drift in and out of senior adulthood.  I decided on the purple bike and had them add a couple of extras.  While they were doing that, I met Lisa at Post Oak Grill.  We sat outside and had water side seats.  Lovely.  We got caught up on everything that is going on in our lives especially hers, with so many big changes.  I returned to the bike shop after lunch and everything was installed and the bike was good to go. 


Last night Roy and I took a ride around the neighborhood and on some of the trails to test it out.  I have not ridden a girl bike in a long time and it took some getting used to.  But, I feel like I do much better on this bike.  Love sitting upright and the handlebars and seat have shock absorbers built in.  All I need is some spiffy little bike bell or horn.  I did have a small bag put on the back of the seat to hold keys and the like.  Since the bike is purple and we seem to be all things LSU these days, think I will name the bike Tiger.  




Sunday evening I met Dena for dinner at Escalente's.  Their table side guacamole is just about the best around.  She has been traveling and has been so busy, I was glad we could have dinner and get caught up on things.  After eating we went over to Barnes and Noble.  What a pleasant way to end a Sunday. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like your bike....love the color. If I ever get to Texas I would love to ride bikes with you. But I sure would need to practice and get into shape. Will work on that.
Please take care of yourself. I am sorry that you haven't felt great and I hope all goes well and your doctor visits are not stressful. Just caught up on earlier posts. Hope you are enjoying the cool air....we sure have it here!!!