Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Fine Morning and a LSU T-Shirt

Roy took the day off on Friday.  We planned to go into Houston, have breakfast, Roy getting a haircut and a trip to Costco.  None of that happened because of the reaction I had to the flu shot.  With Roy being home, I was able to go back to sleep and rest because the fear of the moment is workmen ringing the doorbell.  So daily I am up and dressed at the crack of dawn or at least by the crack of 8:00 am.  This morning we got up and went to the Black Walnut Cafe for breakfast.  BWC was much more crowded than when we went a couple of Saturdays ago.  Cool temps, yep the long awaited October, the break from triple digit heat had everyone rising and going this morning.  More joggers and bike riders than we have seen in a long time.  We were finishing up our delicious breakfast and Roy had gone back to the Coke machine where you're given choices of making all kinds of combo drinks.  He did Diet Coke with Rasberry.  It tasted like cough syrup to me.  Anyway, I was sitting there checking Twitter when someone says to me good morning and it's a beautiful day!  The gentleman speaking to me was wearing the coolest LSU game day shirt.  He went on talking to me explaining he just liked to talk and he was waiting on the rest of his family to arrive.  I began asking him about his t-shirt and just about then Roy returned and the two LSU alumni began talking football.  Before we left I went over to their table and asked him for the .com address for the t-shirt.  Got it!  Ordered up some t-shirts for Roy and me.  Even though I have cornered the market on t-shirts I believe one can never have enough cute and fun t-shirts.  Roy is lucky that I don't feel the same way about real jewelry. 

After all the rearranging of the garage last Saturday we came to the conclusion we needed to get rid of our small freezer that we had in the garage.  Our refrigerator has a huge freezer much bigger than the condos and we weren't using it.  So after our delicious breakfast and our quick trip to Target and the agonizing decisions on fall foliage in Michael's, we loaded up the freezer and took it over to Katy Christian Ministries along with a couple more things.  When we got home we rearranged the bikes and a few other things.  I think we can get Roy's car inside the garage on a more regular basis.  It was only fair that we stop at the Tractor Store on our way home since Roy had so patiently bore with me at Michael's.  Really, like I know what I'm doing arranging stems of fall foliage for the urn I got at Pottery Barn. 

Tonight we had dinner with Bill and Peggy.  We had such fun and ate way too much. 

I told Roy when he got home from working out that I had ordered t-shirts and then I told him about this one:

Imagine A World Without Alabama

Guess I will be ordering one more t-shirt for him.  He loves it!

No comments: