Saturday, October 15, 2011

Friday Recap on Saturday Afternoon

We are experiencing a wonderfully, cool morning out here on the prarirre.  The timing couln't be better for our little street because every house on our block is either occupied, finished or only has inside work to be done.  Now moved to another block, another street, another home; concrete trucks, brickers, landscapers, and the like.  Last night when we pulled onto our street it had a very different feel to it.  Ah, home. 

I ain't gonna lie but these past two weeks have been some of the most difficult ones in recent days.  It seemed my health took a nose dive in so many ways.  I have been fighting off different infections and my immune system is weakened.  Low blood pressure and a heart wanting to pump to the beat of a different drummer has left me quite exhausted.  No stamina, low strength and no appetite.  Now that is kind of a blessing in disguise, the no appetite thing but it plays into the no stamina.  To be honest, there is a situation lurking in the shadows that brings a whole lot of stress.  We don't have to deal with it daily but we never know when the phone call comes if it sets off a downward spiral of circumstances.  It takes so much energy to deal with this person.  Not only energy and patience, but they will bring up a long ago,a  perceived slight or hurt that one hasn't thought about since they were 6.  Well no one except maybe the stressor.  The past couple of days I have begun to feel better and that is a welcomed return.  Of course that happens when one has a few tests run on them and a DR appointment that will go through some options available.  More importantly it is asking the Great Physician to step in and take control. 

Only have one more delivery of furniture and I think we are about done for a while.  This week Crate and Barrel delivered the Bedford chest and today the last shade was hung in the living room.  Next week Pottery Barn will deliver the small couch for our bedroom.  Of course I am keeping my eyes open for a splash of red for the living room.  I may have found what I am looking for but will keep my options open. 

We founds some vintage/retro amber glass lamps for the living room.  They look great and they are lamps I normally wouldn't look at twice but I'm asking for eyes and spirit to see things a new.  We assembled them and pronounced them good looking in the living room.

The above was Friday and now it is Saturday afternoon.  What a beautiful day!  Roy and I went out to breakfast and then he went into Houston for a costume fitting, a haircut and a Costco run.  I came home and looked up the directions to take the back way to Brookwood.  What a beautiful and relaxing drive.  I only went to Brookwood for a couple of plants and I came home with so much more.  How does that happen?  I can't believe how much the store has expanded and all the wonderful treasures they have. 

On the way home I was listening to Sirius XM radio, Enlighten.  Heard a moving story about hope and experiencing God in the tough times.  It was very encouraging.  There is no rhyme nor reason for the cyclical aspect of the ups and downs of my strength strangling days.  It can be so frustrating at times.   Two weeks of absolute pain and weakness and now into day 2 of actually feeling good.  Don't know but I have determined on the days I feel good, I am going to go and enjoy life and not try to save up lots and lots of energy for the really difficult times.  A little manna gone bad, ey Nancy? 

We are so hoping that tonight it cools off enough to sit around the fireplace outdoors. 

No comments: