Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday Catch Up

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.  Construction on the house next door is finished and the young couple purchasing that house closes on it today.  No longer will our cul de sac be filled with various sizes of construction trucks.   The new adventure of having construction in our backyard began in earnest this week.  Almost every morning we are awakened by trucks making deliveries and at the dawn of first light, the hammering and sawing begin.  It might be awhile before sleeping in late with quiet will be an option.  I'm not complaining at all, it is just the noise of the season we find ourselves in.  Once the two story home that is being built behind us has sturdy enough stairs, we're going to go in it  and inspect to see how much one can see into our living room.  We may have to adjust the roman shades a little. 

Yesterday the maid came.  She called me later in the afternoon and told me never, ever to open the windows again while there is so much dust and construction in the air.  I told her I had cleaned up quite a bit of the dust and dirt that had blown in, but somehow I don't think she believed me.  It was so nice to come home to a clean house yesterday afternoon.  Last week Abel and the lawn guys didn't show up to cut the grass.  So, we didn't know if they would show up this week.  Ah, it was music to my ears to hear the sound of lawnmowers, weed eaters and leaf blowers filling the air yesterday afternoon. 

I am blown away by the study of Revelation in CBS.  The questions have been thought provoking and we have such a good core group, that discussion is lively, animated and dare I say it, deep.  Even our bunny trails were on subject and mattered. We studied Revelation 7 this past week, the pause between the opening of the 6th and 7th seal.  There is so much we don't understand, but those things that we kind of grasp are amazing and awesome.  The fact that God has so much going on in the throne room, yet He personally wipes the tears from the eyes of the martyred ones.  I hope my ADD doesn't make it with me in my glorified body in heaven.  My goodness, there will be so much to experience and take in.  The lesson was also empathic in letting us know we will all have jobs and work to do.  After Bible study Peggy, Kathleen and I went to lunch at Panera Bread.  That is a happening place.  I don't think I have ever been there when business was at a lull. 


Last night Roy and I had dinner at T Jin's.  It is located next to the HEB and a grocery run was in the plans for the evening.  I can't believe that I am going to say this, but their orange chicken is better than at Fu's Garden.  We picked up a couple of to go menus on our way out, one for home and one for Roy's car.  He passes by this place on his way home from work and can make the stop to pick up dinner.  I have actually fixed dinner most nights this week.  I've not branched out too much from basic stuff, but like Roy said last night, you don't hear him complaining. 

No comments: