Friday, October 28, 2011

Cool and Monitored Days

It is a beautiful morning here on the prairie.  The wind is blowing from the north, it is overcast and the temps are hovering in the 50's.  I'm waiting for a furniture delivery and for a grill to be delivered later on in the afternoon.  I think we are at a stopping point on furnishing and little extras.  We need to take a rest, save some more dollars and then start again.  I'm still looking for a cabinet or some other piece of furniture to use as nightstands.  I've seen a few things online, but wasn't too sure of the color or we felt it was just a little too pricey.  We still need a trundle mattress and a few other comforts of home for the casita bedroom.  On Thursday the two bookcases we ordered for Roy's office were delivered.  They are beautiful and the fragrance of Amish wood fills the room.  Last night Roy moved a few things around in his study and he unloaded the last of the boxes because the books now had someplace to go.  Things are shaping up nicely. 

We flipped between the World Series and the U of H/Rice game on TV last night.  What an exciting baseball game.  We turned it off tied in the 9th and went to sleep but when I woke up in the night I got on FB to see who had won.  I like both teams but think the sway of loyalty leans towards the Cardinals.  My grandfather loved the Cardinals and I spent many a Saturday rooting them on to victory with him.  They were my first love in baseball. 

I'm wearing a wire, so don't say anything around me that you don't want recorded.  OK, it isn't that kind of deal, but I am wearing a heart monitor for the next month.  My appointment with the cardiologist was extensive and time intensive.  I was poked and prodded by several doctors and my heart was listened to and analyzed.  Had an echo cardiogram and this one was different because not only did they do the heart thing, but also the top of my stomach.  Never had that done before.  So this heart monitor thing...seems like it could be a lot more advanced.  I'm hooked up and when I have a heart episode, I push the record button.  Then at some point I call in and by using a phone, they get the reading.  Yesterday I kind of had button record fright.  The one time I had a really lightheaded moment I couldn't get to the recorder in time because I was driving and I pushed the send button instead of record.  I thought for sure with the ups and downs of the game last night, surely I would have something to send.  This morning I had an episode, got to the button and was able to record it.  So, now I just need to call it in.  I didn't get as good of report as I would have liked and everything indicated that I have a few more issues than at my last check up.  The Dr has a plan but I know God knows the plans for my life.  I put my hope and my trust in Him. 

Blood work was in order on Wednesday afternoon and I found the Lab Corp on Grand Parkway. 
Easy to get to and a really nice medical building.  The parking lot was jammed packed.  Me thinks that medical buildings are like restaurants in Katy, not enough for the growing population. 

I had to leave Bible study early yesterday because Scott and his assistant were close by in the area to deliver the bookcases.  It is probably good I left early because I was extremely exhausted and fatigued.  I spent the rest of the afternoon with my feet elevated.  Got in a lot of reading and some Buddy in my lap time.  Buddy is getting quite adventuresome with interest in the garage.  She actually got into the garage yesterday and thankfully the garage door was closed.  With the house door slamming behind her, she got a little skittish and wanted back into the house right away.  She's also showing more interest in the front door and what lies beyond.  Oh goody, she said sarcastically. 

Sadly, there are some other things happening in life that I don't feel should be shared to all the world.  But if you think of my mom while you are praying, you would not waste a prayer on her. 



4 comments:

becky thurman said...

Glad to hear the medical update. Really want to keep up-to-date with you. Will say a prayer for you and also know that your mom is in my prayers. Know how difficult this is!!! Love you and take care!!!

Jennifer said...

How funny, just as I was reading the line about Scott he called me on the phone! It was kindof weird reading about his delivery while chatting with him.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Glad to hear your update....I have had little blog reading time...Praying for you and your family.....

Love you

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Glad to hear your update....I have had little blog reading time...Praying for you and your family.....

Love you