Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tremendous Tuesday

CourtneyS and Joesph came over this morning.  They arrived bearing gifts, house warming gifts.  I got a hands on in person cooking lesson from CourtneyS on making artisan bread.  A little dyslexic Titus 2 going on.  Oh my, the bread we (she) made is delicious!  In fact after they left I snuck a little sample.  With such delicious bread, supper must be prepared, so even now as I type hamburger is being defrosted for spaghetti. 

When our nieces would come and spend a week with us I would have a blast with them but would tell my brother,  I don't know how y'all do this day in and day out.  He reminded me that Roy and I had been dropped smack dab in the middle of things, he and Nancy had time to acclimate to the attention needed and pace required.  I was reminded of this again today.  Joesph was so good and he and I had a blast shooting our popper gun but my energy drained quickly.  I didn't even have enough to go grab some lunch with them.  Buddy is still napping.  Think she was undone by the fact there was someone small enough to reach her underneath the bed.  What a fun way to spend a morning with friends. 

This week's homework in CBS has been especially thought provoking which has morphed into a great thankfulness in the realization of what Christ has done for us.  Sometimes we hear the same words and phrases so much we give a deaf spiritual ear to them.  This week it is as if I have heard them anew. 

Last week when I made my stop in at Pottery Barn, I brought home a beautiful reddish clay vase.  In the display there at the store they had an arrangement of fall foliage that looked absolutely stunning.  Only thing, I wasn't willing to pay $45.00 a stem to have some fake leaves in a jar.  That is where our Saturday morning trip to Micheal's came in and I don't think we did that bad of a job.  When we got home Roy just put them in the vase and went about business.  They looked beautiful but price tags were still attached.  Finally this morning, since CourtneyS was coming over, I decided to trim off sale tags from the vase, the fake fall foliage and some pillows on the pew.  Some things just take time around here.  Things that should really bother me but don't.

Finally, I found the Bed, Bath and Beyond here in East SanAntonio.  It is in Katy Mill's Mall.  They had sent us a welcome to the neighborhood coupon which was 20% off everything.  Don't you know that I got a supply of Keirug coffee cups in for the winter.  Also found a valance for over the kitchen window that compliments the roman shades of the breakfast nook and living room. 

If you haven't "joined" Kings Lane, you should.  Oh my, there is so many pretty things to view.  I had even contemplated buying some furniture from them, but the shipping rates are way too high.  I've bought a few things for around the house from them.  Some of it came today.  There are so many of these type of things one can join and if one doesn't have any boundaries, one could go into the poorhouse furnishing and decorating the home. 

Guess I should go make dinner and bring in the trash cans.  Neither one of those two chores has anything to do with the other. 

1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

Joseph has this tremendous ability to exhaust people - even when he is on his best and sweetest behavior! Tonight, as I tucked him in bed, I talked about all the happy things from the day. I said something about "shooting all the ammo," and the cutest little sleepy smile came across his face. He just said, "ammmmoooo." Thanks for having us out this morning!