Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's Beginning to Look Quite Autumnal

Last night the temps began cooling down early and I thought what a great time to do a trial run of our outdoor fireplace.  So after dinner we went outside, flipped the switch and all we heard was the clicking noise of electric ignition and no fire.  We left it on for longer than what you'd think it would take to light.  No go, so disappointed.  The fireplace people come out on Friday to take a look at it.  They called this afternoon asking about our non come on baby light my fireplace experience to better know how to fix the problem.

Half the workmen of the world will be at our house on Friday afternoon.  Drainage engineers checking on our side yard, lighting engineer to check into the dinning room light problem, fireplace, a landscaper looking into the dead grass of the side yard and several others of which I can't remember.  It is slowly but surely getting done.  David Weekley Homes has been wonderful on follow up.  Our builder Adam has been....dare I say it when I hardly ever do?   Amazing, amazing...that's how good he is at his job.  Amazing, amazing is what totally and awesome was to the 80's and 90's.  'Like' remains a constant to all generations as well as 'you know'  which is not to be confused with, ya know what I'm saying...

I am getting ready for the maid to come in the morning.  Think I have bought all the products on her list.  So now, it is just straightening up everything and moving a bag that has set in a chair for a couple of weeks so that she doesn't know it has been sitting there unattended and un-looked after for all this time. 

Dinner was delicious last night.  Oh my the homemade bread was a huge hit.  Now I have dough enough to make 4 more little loafs in the next two weeks.  Maybe I will try to go solo tomorrow afternoon after Bible study.  No, that's not a good idea, the house will be really clean.  Maybe a loaf shall be prepared over the weekend. 

I've been reading a book about Gone With the Wind.  The book goes into great detail all that it took to be published and how Margaret Mitchell did not deal well with fame nor public speaking.  I'm just about a third of being into the book and it has just now at the point where it is being released.  No wonder, other than for the obvious reasons, a first edition Gone With the Wind is worth so much.  Hardly any editing was done by the publisher on the first edition, trusting the author and her husband, PR guy for a railroad, had done an adequate job since everything in the process has been burdened with delays.  Interesting read and as true to form, I cannot remember the title and I don't want to walk across the house to look it up. 

Crate and Barrel delivers a chest next week and I called Pottery Barn checking on the couch ordered for our bedroom.  Eureka!  We can still be mad and one of us doesn't have to go that far to sleep on the couch.  Nope, neither one of us could sleep on this small settee.  PB had sent an email that they shipped on the 23 yet I haven't heard anything from the delivery company.  So I was checking on it, still in process of shipping and should be in our home around Oct 20. 

Today I made a stop at KT Antiques because I had seen some dried gourds there and now I have a bowl to arrange them in.  The gourds are beautiful.  I also picked up two pumpkin decorative pieces.  Oh the living room is looking quite autumnal. 

No comments: