Saturday, December 8, 2012

God's Presence in the Middle of Routine






In Wonderstruck, Margaret invites you to toss back the covers, climb out of bed, and drink in the fullness of life. Wonderstruck will help you:

· Recognize the presence of God in the midst of your routine

· Discover peace in knowing you’re wildly loved

· Identify what’s holding you back in prayer

· Develop a renewed passion for God

· Celebrate the extraordinary moments in everyday life
I I've written about the wonderstruck in the beauty of God's creation. I have talked about being wonderstruck by God's perfect timing and in that timing the very clear message that He wildly loves me.  On Sunday in the everyday of life, I was wonderstruck again by God being in the details.  When we got home from our trip it was obvious that we were way behind in getting Christmas decorations up.  Roy promised me that we would pull them out Sunday afternoon.  Since we made a Bass Pro Shop run after lunch, I kind of thought that Roy would talk me out of bringing down the decorations from the attic.  Then he said, we will get them down after you take your Sunday afternoon nap.  That is pretty smart on his part because I can be a little cranky, or so I've been told, when I don't get enough sleep. 
 
Rested up, We began the process of moving the car and rearranging stuff to be able to pull down the ladder to the attic in the garage.  Roy first took up luggage and then began the process of assembling all the large totes and tubs filled with Christmas.  I kind of thought that I would mainly be 'directing' but he asked me to climb up a few steps to get the first load.  My first step onto the ladder, I missed the step and tripped.  Hard to describe but that is what happened basically.  As I readied myself for the next step I heard someone yelling, "you don't need to be climbing those stairs!"  I looked over to the street and one of my best friends and partner in crime (not really crime, more like running buddies...although neither one of us has knees for running anymore) had pulled in front of the house with her youngest daughter Jaime.  Jaime quickly volunteered to cart and carry all those storage tubs of Christmas to the garage floor.  Well, Peggy and I helped with that.  I thought about this, "recognize the presence of God in the midst of your routine."  WONDERSTRUCK!!!  God knew.  You see I used to be this very athletic woman.  I played volleyball, softball and tennis up into my late 40's.  I moved furniture around our home all the time.  I carried the heavy things and had such great reflexes, agility and balance.  Not so much after a heart attack, a probable mini stroke and a virus that attacked my heart at the age of 54,  My mind and spirit still tell me that I can do all those things like I had done before...body...well, it tells the truth.  But today, I am still thanking the Lord for letting me see His presence in the midst of daily routine.  He sent help. 
    
I     If you want to recognize the presence of God in the midst of your routine, see what's holding you back in prayer, have a renewed passion for God, give yourself and those you love and maybe step out and give it to someone who might not like you so much, on Christmas Day, Wonderstruck by Margaret Feinberg.  Since most bookstores will be closed on Christmas, so you can order or download from Amazon or Barnes and Noble.  Until then you can also Follow Margaret on Twitter: @mafeinberg
Facebook Page: Margaret Feinberg
 
I

 

No comments: