Sunday, December 16, 2012

Worked Hard For No Money

It's official, I'm a nerd.  That shouldn't be too much of a surprise that someone as cool as I seem to be would declare themselves a nerd.  Oh contrair Pierre.  After a busy weekend I have finally found the time to open the boxes from Amazon.  The contents....?  Two different type of thesauruses.  I cannot tell you how very happy, happy, happy this makes me. 

Roy and I are recovering from one hectic weekend.  The past week was extremely busy and full of activities and a little bit of stress.  Friday night we were supposed to go to a Christmas caroling party but I had to make the last minute decision that we couldn't go.  I was weary and starting to get a sore throat with a little bit of a cough.  This may sound like the crud that is going around but for me it is a sure sign that I have overdone it and my heart and body are giving me the warning signs.  I went to bed early and watched the coverage of the horrendous day in Newtown, CT.  Crying and praying for those families.  It is too much to comprehend. 

Saturday we decided to attack a few to do list items.  So we went by the storage place and got a small unit.  With that done, we headed over to buy a trundle mattress.  We can pick it up Monday or Tuesday.  That afternoon we went over to the Katy Christmas festival and stopped in at a little hardware store.  We needed nails and we also got some extra keys made.  They had the little stakes to outline your yard in lights.  Everyone else has been sold out.  We came home and measured the yard.  Don't you know that was a lot of fun with Mr. Exacto and Mrs. Ballpark figure.  Roy came in the house and immediately hit Excel to get the correct calculations of how many feet of light bulbs we needed.  I came in and hit my head against the wall because I couldn't believe that Roy would Excel and I hate Excel.  I should have put the above paragraph in the form of a word problem and show my work in getting it figured out.  Because...today, Roy wanted to remeasure the dimensions and add the flower bed into the equation.  I asked that it be duly noted in the official record that I had suggested the very same thing yesterday and Roy pooh poohed me.  Ha!  When Roy finally finished his mathnasium he declared we needed 100 feet.  I asked how much that would cost, he said over $100.00 and I said let's punt the lights until next year.  That is until I was straightening up the mud area in the laundry room and saw some white lights that I had bought deeply discounted at the end of summer and asked if we could use those.  So we are back in business and may attempt light placement after all. 

We also loaded up Sequisha with boxes and took them over to the storage unit.  Totally favor of the Lord that we got one next to an outside door and it was the top unit in the stack.  We get a little more space height wise.  Roy still has good knees so he got everything arranged and once Christmas is over and the decorations are ready to be stored, we'll go back do that and see if there is any extra room for anything else.  It is not a case of having too many material things, it is a case of being a collector of memories and too old for our attic steps. 

We picked up some Good Ol' Boys boiled shrimp and sides for dinner last night.  Delicious! 

Waking up to rain this morning was rather welcomed but driving to church was a tad hazardous.  We got on the EZ Tag lane so we wouldn't have to deal with a lot of the other drivers.  By the time we got into church, my back and feet were soaked.  So the person who is rarely cold was rather chilled all morning.  We went to Le Peep for lunch.  Coffee for me is early or late, not in the afternoon, but I decided to have some just to warm up. 

Well nerd girl is going to go read her thesaurus and hit the hay early.  Have a busy day ahead. 

No comments: