Saturday, June 24, 2017

A Top Five Favorite Hymn

  1. This is my Father’s world,
    And to my list’ning ears
    All nature sings, and round me rings
    The music of the spheres.
    This is my Father’s world:
    I rest me in the thought
    Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas—
    His hand the wonders wrought.
  2. This is my Father’s world:
    The birds their carols raise,
    The morning light, the lily white,
    Declare their Maker’s praise.
    This is my Father’s world:
    He shines in all that’s fair;
    In the rustling grass I hear Him pass,
    He speaks to me everywhere.
  3. This is my Father’s world:
    Oh, let me ne’er forget
    That though the wrong seems oft so strong,
    God is the ruler yet.
    This is my Father’s world,
    The battle is not done:
    Jesus who died shall be satisfied,
    And earth and Heav’n be one.

When I was a child I won a book in Sunday School for knowing my Bible verses. It was a child's book of poems and hymns. I believe this is when I fell in love with this particular hymn as I would read these words over and over, yes and even sing them to myself. These words brought great comfort and they still do, even more so now living in the mountains of Western North Carolina. This is in the top five hymns that I love. 

Almost every morning around 7:00, a bird's song wakes me up. The bird must be singing in the red bud tree or on the deck because the song sounds like it is in the bedroom. It has been the Carolina Wren's song of late but this morning it was a new song from a different bird. 

With the rain last night the frogs have been more vocal of late. It sounded like one was in the house it was so loud. 

The cardinals have increased. Three young birds frequent both feeders. Their colors have not come in yet but they are fun to watch as they play in the forsythia. Mom and Dad cardinal aren't hanging as close as they were the first days that their young uns brought my attention to them. 

Yes, all nature sings and round me rings the music of their spheres. 

No comments: