Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Early to Bed, No Sleep And Early To Rise Makes One Tired

There is a beautiful stone church off of I 40. It seems like it should be an Episcopal church by the architecture but when I found myself at that exit several weeks ago I was surprised to find that it is a Baptist Church. This morning as I took a different route to The Fresh Market there was another stone church and yes, this time, it was an Episcopal church with a red door. I went to the website and read that the church was built in 1905 and then I explored the pictures of the interior and the stained glass , wooden pews and stones creates a warm worship space. From the pictures on their website it must have a pumpkin patch in the fall. I'll have to keep a watch for that and maybe a Christmas program. I would love to go inside that church. These stone churches remind me of Gail Godwin, one of my favorite southern authors because several of her novels take place in just such a type of church and score the stories take place in the mountains of NC.

It has been a morning. It began with very little sleep and a short night. The alarm for 5:30 am was just too early. I got up and ready to be at the Toyota dealership at 7:30 to have SequishShawn's 5000 mile service appointment. Since the dealership has been bought by another owner, I am not as pleased with the service appointments. Last time they said I declined fuel injector cleaning and how can one decline if one is never told. I would have said yes. They wanted to do the bumper work that is a recall today but I didn't have the extra time to give. I really don't know if they did the 21 point or 18 point inspection cause I got a lot less paperwork and just the word that everything checked out ok. It feels like they didn't do all they said they did...who knows but as much as I love my truck I might find a different vehicle or maybe go to the Toyota dealership in Johnson City. It looks like they have cut back on service reps as well. I think Phillip, the rep I liked so well, didn't make the transition.

So I stopped at The Fresh Market and they are changing the recipe for their tuna fish salad. I went there specifically for the tuna salad because I like it so well. Disappointed, I put up the cart and headed toward Weaverville to go to the bank. Then a breakfast burrito from Sonic and on home.

Right by the Post Office a large gaggle of geese were gathered on the lawn but one of those geese had been hit by a car and laid out on the road dead with blood everywhere. The other geese seemed to be preoccupied with food and not so much as a goodbye to their feathered friend. I was still thinking of that poor goose while going down the stone steps to put some birdseed in the feeder. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted a snake. So still...I thought it might be dead but I ran back up the stairs as quickly as I could carry myself. It was not dead and I think maybe I have found his little hidey hole. That is for another day....

This morning on the way to the dealership I saw three dear, a mama and two babies. Beautiful in looks and in motion. Today I have seen all my Bunny Foo Foos. From granny all the way down to newest baby bunny foo foo. I watched baby scare away cardinals and then saw teenage bunny, chase off baby...just like what had happened to it several weeks ago by a bigger bunny.

My dentist called this morning with the news they need to do some work on an old implant before they can do the surgery. He is hoping to contour the crown and not have to put on a new one. But, if he does, dental surgery is postponed until that gets taken care of. So I go early in the morning to see him which kind of changes up morning plans, but that's okay. It is good to be flexible and it is good to be able to see a dentist on such short notice.

I made a second batch of green sauce and I think it is pretty good. Trying to be kind to the dentist and not have too bad of breath. I also worked on a gallon of blackberries brought to me by Inez last night. I didn't hear her knocking at the porch door so she came around back and knocked. Scared Buddy off upstairs but she returned rather quickly.

For a day that began with me feeling overwhelmed, scared (snake) and tired...I worked in the kitchen..the day has ended on a rather nice note.

No comments: