Monday, August 14, 2017

What's Not To Love About Ninfa's Green Sauce

It is looking like the rain and storms are passing by us. I would take rain but not a fan of the storms. As the skies darken I am mesmerized by all that is going on in the backyard. I don't get much done when there is so much to take in. There must be at least 8-10 young cardinals in and around the trees. The hummingbirds are busy coming to their feeder but good grief, they are territorial and chase off any bird that dare come and drink of the nectar. Well, here comes the rain after all. It was brief but at least some rain. Although I am thinking I will need to go out and reapply Vick's Vapo Rub to the pole that holds the bird feeders. This could be the deterrent I have been looking for. I put the Mentholatum all over and applied a thick coating. It has been interesting to see the squirrels jump onto the pole and jump off just as quickly. Then work at getting the rub and the fragrance off. We will see how this develops.
*****************
Good foggy morning. The birds are out and Buddy is on the front porch...mostly. It is one of those mornings where she is in and out. I have my breakfast and will need to get ready to go to workout with Taylor. This is my last workout for a while because of my schedule. I had considered cancelling today's session but I need to get in and do some work since I am once again playing regain stamina.

As it goes on many Saturday nights, I had a horrible night trying to sleep. Buddy would not settle and those times she tried, she was back up and gone for a bit. Finally around 4:00 am she was able to settle and go to sleep which meant the same for me. I don't think she was feeling good but has seemed to snap out of that once Sunday arrived. I contemplated the thought of having a sabbatical Sunday but decided to get up and get ready. I woke up with a sore throat which is a sign unto me I have been pushing it and the good ol' immune system is telling me to slow down. I went to Sunday School but not church. Came home, rested and ate a salad. Then I made a quick run to the store to pick up a few things I had ordered. Rested upon returning and then went over to Vivian's to give her birthday giftings. I also came home with giftings, supper for today, green beans and some homemade peach ice cream. Also, I took her some Ninfa's green sauce I made on Saturday and I think I made a green sauce convert.

Brenda called later in the early evening to see if she could bring back the dolly we had put the trunk on to take to her home. Sure thing, come on over. She brought some homemade cookies and I shared green sauce. Another convert!

Inez just dropped by with some berries and some peppers. I'm eating green beans made by the one and only Vivian. They are heirloom green beans and they are really, really good! Gave some green sauce to Inez and yes, another convert. I am happy to make something for my friends that they've never had before and they like it. What's not to love about Ninfa's green sauce?


No comments: