Tuesday, January 9, 2018

In A Nutshell.....

This is the first day since before New Year's Eve that I have been able to make a quick jaunt outdoors without wrapping up in a coat, gloves and scarves. The cats have been fed and the birds too but at different times as not to hamper the peace in the backyard motto we have going for the new year. We were expecting some freezing rain but the threat of ice is almost over. The surfaces are so cold from the abnormal cold temps it wouldn't take much to make the roads hazardous.

Taylor texted me this morning that two of his appointments had canceled so he canceled me as well. Yea! Not a fan of icy roads and weather. With that news I turned over and slept till 8:40 and it was a good sleep. Even Buddy complied with a little sleeping in. I looked out the window and saw the Feral Fam, at least a part of the group, came downstairs, threw on a coat over my jammies and fed them Today, I got caught outside within a neighbors view as they took their trash down to the road. I hope they noticed that my garden clogs matched my jammies.
*****************************************
Well, it is almost Tuesday evening and I am just now getting back to this post. This morning I didn't see any of the Feral Fam when looking out the window and so I came on downstairs to fix breakfast and give Buddy her first treat of the morning. Sitting here in the chair, I looked out and there the Feral Fam sat looking in the windows. Even little MJ got close up on the deck and gave the eye...of where is breakfast. Once again I fixed up their food and fed them but no one caught me in my jammies today...yet, I was wearing the same gardening clogs too.

Once I felt assured that the roads were clear, I got out for an appointment and then a quick trip to the grocery store for milk and bananas. Ran by home put up groceries and headed back out the door to go eat lunch at Turkey Creek Cafe. The soup today was potato and I had thought about getting some to go but decided not to. Now I know why, Brenda called and wanted to drop off some potato soup she had made, along with a few sweets and some bread. Yum! My supper is all planned, just needs to be heated up. I just had supper and the soup is so good!

Back to the little Feral Fam. The one I adore is Cali. She is not a rough houser like MJ and Camo. Mama Cat got into the play time last night and tonight. They must feel so good not freezing and trying to use all their energy to keeping warm. MJ and Camo duel it out with all types of cat defying jumps and collisions. Cali came to the back deck door the other day and I kept her entertained with a ribbon and moving things. She even sat there when I opened the door but when I moved the screen door, she ran.

Even after all these really cold days, the sunshine was brilliant this afternoon and so welcomed. The fragrance in the air, almost had a spring like fragrance. I'm not ready to be done with winter cause you know the flannel and boots thing but wearing linen again...will be nice. Such extremes but that is kind of me in a nutshell.

No comments: