Monday, January 22, 2018

Rainy Day On Monday Didn't Get Me Down

This lovely warm day is drawing to a close. Dusk begins to blur the scenery into a sepia tone. The only flash of color are the Feral Fam up on the gravel road and the red blur of cardinals as they sweep in expertly in flight to get the last of today's nuts and seeds. I think the warm up today took a bit of tension off of Mama Cat, so much so that she took a nap out in the open, soaking up the sun as cats are wont to do. With the light dim and the cats around the backyard for their last little snack, I gave them another fun treat, I used the red laser light that cats like to chase on the rock and ground. Even Mama Cat got in on the chasing and action. Their reactions brought me to laughter. I did that for a bit and then decided to settle in for the night. No choir practice for me this evening. Sore throat a bit of a cough tells me to play it safe. Besides when I sing the coughing starts up. Buddy is asleep on her blanket right by my feet and as we age I have noticed we both make a lot more weird sounds than we did when we were younger. I was getting a little panicked because the sound of hoot hoot could be heard and I am getting concerned about the Feral Fam but then I remembered that Buddy has been making all kinds of noises in her sleep and the owl sound was coming from her.

One of the results of beautiful snowy weather is the mud and gunk that gets tracked into the house once all the lovely snow has melted. It seems like the kitchen floor has been mopped more times in the last week than since we bought the house. The path that we cleared and then used salt on is mucky and muddy. A couple of years ago I bought some garden clogs and those have come to be quite handy when it comes to the repeated trips needed to keep the Feral Fam happy with food and snacks.

I almost overslept church this morning and was happy to wake up because I was having a bad dream. It is good for me to have some ease into the morning time, but there was little of that kind of time. Did read over the lesson and do my chores before leaving for Sunday School.
************************
This morning when I left for workout it was pleasant enough temp wise but since then after running a few errands, the wind has picked up and it feels downright cool outside. It was a tough workout this morning with new things added and times increased. It was a good hour. Then a stop at the grocery store was in order. Looks like we are supposed to have rain start up this afternoon, so getting everything wrapped up and to be home safe and sound is so appreciated.

MJ is up on the fence hidden among branches looking for birds. With the warmer days Mama Cat has napped out in the sunshine. I went to Sunday School yesterday but left afterwards. It feels like it is the correct thing for me health wise. Last night a sore throat was sneaking up on me with a few coughing jags, so it felt the best decision was to not go to choir last night. I feel like I should buy stock in hand sanitizer.

One of the Wilma Dykeman books I ordered from a used bookshop arrived today. She wrote the introduction and part of the stories in between recipes. I love a good cookbook, not so much for recipes but for the writing. Over the years authors helped me fall in love with this area and then we spent many years coming here as tourists. I love that my friends here, most of whom were raised in the area, have shared their great love of this area and knowledge with me. I have made some notes of jaunts to take in the spring and summer.

No comments: