Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Yes And Amen To The Moon And Back

Well, I didn't see the lunar eclipse or the moon this morning even though the Buddy alarm system woke me up in time to see it. Early rising wasn't the factor, it was a bad westerly view. The early rising wasn't a loss because there was a beautiful pinkish hued sunrise. With the early rising the Feral Fam got breakfast sooner than later and they are all present and accounted for. Yes, little Cali is back. Y'all, I thought she was a goner because up on the gravel road where the Fam romps and plays and sometimes naps, I saw the remains of something that once was alive and because it was in the tall grass at a distance that doesn't look like it would be the smartest or safest thing to do, the obvious conclusion was drawn. Cali is a constant with Mama Cat, she never wanders too far off. But there she was in the late afternoon. I always look for them and then call out kitties...kitties and then whistle. There was a faint meow. None of them have ever meowed toward me...I called out again, heard the meow coming from a bit of underbrush and that beautiful Cali face...I praised the Lord loudly...Cali came closer and for a moment it looked as if she would come up right beside me, but she tailed off under the deck and observed from underneath and around the steps. Soon the whole Fam joined her and this heart rejoiced to see them all together. Daddy Cat came back last night and once again my presence in the window caused a retreat. He is probably not here checking on their welfare...that's for sure.

In the spring and summer when fruits and veggies and produce stands that sell them begin to become plentiful. I froze blackberries and NC strawberries for such a time as this...winter, more specifically for these cold, it's better to stay at home days. So, I actually began digging into my fruit stash and first up, blackberries already cooked and sweetened. They were so good on biscuits.

There was plenty to keep me occupied today. Had to go pick up a prescription and also check on a heart med that has been on back order. Thankfully, they had the pills so they told me to come back in about an hour. Went to the bank and to the grocery store. Publix has been carrying Topo Chicos but they have been out for several weeks. Went to the customer service desk and they checked on a delivery, which they think might be later this week. I sure hope so. Roy has me hooked on them now. Stopped by the CVS picked up the second prescription and headed home to unload and put up groceries and feed the Feral Fam their afternoon snack. Then off to Fresh Market to pick up a few things there and back home. I am making Taco Soup for supper and the fragrance of that soup is wonderful! It will soon be time to eat some.

The weather guru of the area says it doesn't matter what the groundhog says, we will have six more weeks of winter. The temps are up and down and the wind...oh that wind can cut right through one. As the light is fading and dusk is upon us the Feral Fam are out there on that open patch playing and running and tackling one another. Well, at least the kids are...makes me wonder if Mama Cat and Daddy Cat have met someplace without the kids. Oh no...that doesn't bode well. The solar lights give them a few more minutes to play but darkness doesn't usually deter a cat... Buddy has wandered downstairs, ate a bite and is now looking out the window. This wonderful time of winter and the quiet season will wind down soon enough. I can feel the stirrings. Today, in the truck, while running errands I began to put together thoughts into sentences and sentences into paragraphs of what I have learned and continue to learn. I do know that every step of the way the Lord has been there and His peace has nurtured my soul. Things I didn't understand have found their way back to me in a way that explains and also to be able to see how those things meant for evil turned out for good. Yes! Amen! 

I don't have new year resolutions but one that Peggy and I have talked about is trying to talk more often. We will go weeks, a month or so without talking and then we find ourselves on the phone for hours. We got a quick check in, she had just got home from swimming and I had just got in from The Fresh Market. She took some beautiful pictures of the moon this morning.



No comments: