Wednesday, March 14, 2018

A Brief Recap

It has been a week since my last post but I have been having too much fun and too little time to sit down and blog. We might have a snow day here where we just stay home and relax but it it gets above freezing and the sun does its job, we might be able to venture out. We had planned on going back to Waynesville today but that doesn't look likely. Maybe a little Weaverville shopping is at hand.

Lisa arrived last Thursday under a travel advisory but her flights were on time and I didn't encounter any ice getting to Charlotte. What a grand meeting in the horribly crowded arrival area but we survived and headed over to The Nord for lunch. Delicious! Then we went to the Billy Graham Library and paid our respects to Billy Graham. With that, we headed home with some beautiful handiwork of God keeping us enthralled.

Friday, we headed over to Boone for the Living Proof Live with Beth Moore. Lisa had texted our friend Kimberly to see if she could get us seats on the main floor and we headed out after stopping at Starbucks and getting drinks for the road. Off we went with our first stop in Valle Crusis at Over Yonder. We had a table right by the fireplace and the food was fantastic! We did a little look see through Mast and headed over to join 8000 of our new best friends in Boone. I don't know if Boone knew what hit them. We checked into our hotel and had a little down time before heading to the arena. With my main concern of parking, nothing has changed with me concerning that, we started out and after learning my lesson at the Amish Craft Fair last fall, I headed to event paid parking. Best $10.00 I spent that day and again on Saturday morning. She had just the spot for a big truck. It was freezing cold on Friday and we hurried along to get in line for the doors to open. Got in, and began looking for our seats. I was scanning the back part of the reserved section and Lisa says, well, here we are. Well, yes, we are here but I am looking for our seats..... Uh, we were on the front row. Man, we were texting Kimberly so fast to thank her and she said, I just had two seats reserved...the front row is the favor of God. Leg room and close to the action is awesome! Wow! The conference started with great praise and worship and then Beth began to teach. She was making a point when all the sudden she stopped and said, "I need a moment here. I am having a flashback to Tuesday night Bible study in Houston...two of my dearest friends are here." Then she asked if we had been there the whole time and we responded yes. Such a special moment for us. It felt good to be back under her teaching. It has been a good while for me and in hindsight I don't think I knew what I had by being able to go on Tuesday nights and hear Beth teach. Once I have time to settle in, I am going to review my notes because her topic was so timely and hit me right where I am. Saturday morning we got a quick hug and moment with her and just like that the conference was over and it was time to head back home. Lisa and I debated on going to Grandfather Mountain but we could see a low snow cloud was hanging over the bridge from the road. Decision made to go onto Newland and have a late lunch at The Italian Restaurant.

Sunday morning was church. Lisa sang with the choir and it was our pastors last Sunday with Newfound. He has accepted the pastor-ship at First Baptist Brevard. That was the strangest last Sunday with a pastor I have ever experienced. The feels of the service seemed to be that both the congregation and the pastor were ready to move on. Lisa and I stayed a bit visiting with Pastor Gene and his family, then went to The Fireplace for lunch...then the Fresh Market...and then I took a short nap. Brenda came over Sunday evening and we laughed and talked till almost 10:00 pm.

Monday, we both worked out with Taylor and then went to The Blue Rooster for lunch. With the threat of a snow storm looming over the area, we cut our time short and didn't do any of the shopping we had planned. We lazed around the whole afternoon and evening watching TCM.

Yesterday, we had 1:00 tea reservations at the Inn on Biltmore Estate. They have moved afternoon tea to the dining room. That was a brilliant decision on their part. I think that this menu was my favorite of all the teas I have experienced there. We shopped and we drove around the estate. What a treat to see so many baby lambs in near the birthing barn for the sheep. So cute and they came so close to the fence. We were out of the truck in a New York minute. Our day drew to an end there and so we stopped at Publix to get a few things and then headed home taking the scenic route. We were not disappointed. Got a close look at the elk at Carolina Bison. We stayed up late too. Such rebels!

It began snowing last night and this morning we awoke to a snow covered view and still had some heavy snow showers as the morning went on. The sun is out now melting the snow quickly. We've been watching MJ and Camo tear up the snow on the deck. Very entertaining. So, we watch the roads and weather to see how far we can venture out today.

That's a brief recap for now.




No comments: