Tuesday, March 27, 2018

All Over But No Shouting


Oh blessed Sunday...our Sunday School lesson was meaningful out of I Peter 2. Big church was our choir's Easter music with a short invitation sermon by Pastor Jonathan that was good and we were out by 12:15. It was a glorious day in the Lord. In the music there was a time when we took the Lord's Supper and we used what we used to call the Lord's Supper juice box style. Those wrappers are distracting in a sacred moment but also hard to remove. Roy took his in reverse because he could not get the top wrapper undone and when I tried to help him I spilled grape juice on my top. Good thing it blended in with the color of my shirt. I could not help but remember one Sunday in the choir loft at First Baptist, partaking of the Lord's Supper and Peggy could not get the top wrapper off and I could not get the juice portion open. She kept whispering to me loudly, drink ye all of it. Normally, our church goes old school with the Lord's Supper but realized for times sake, we needed to participate in this direction. It was still powerful and sacred.

After church Roy and I had lunch at The Twisted Laurel and then went over to The Baked Pie Company and got some mini pies. We took a couple over to Brenda and her mom, along with some taco soup I had made yesterday. Brenda hadn't been feeling well and her mom loves taco soup. This is probably the last batch of this winter season although I just read that the first week of April could be rather cold.

Oh Tuesday evening...it has been a good day but we are tired, so very very tired. That's because we hauled a dresser upstairs and moved another one into the bonus room. Roy had to undo all the TV cables and such and then get them all hooked back up. I am moving clothes into the new, although it is new to us. An old dresser, repurposed and chalk painted. It is very cute and adds a practicality to making the bedroom TV a little higher up to see while falling asleep. By moving the other piece into the bonus room, all the cables and wires are at bay and looks much neater. We always have some kind of plan for these things but it might take longer than others to implement it. I have had my eye on this dresser for a bit and was so happy that it was still there at The Pink House when we went there today.

We also made a Lowe's trip for a few essential things for the house. Along with a few unessential things. We were ready for a later type lunch and went to Turkey Creek Cafe. Love her new menu and her summer hours begin on Thursday of this week. Marissa is also adding an ice cream counter at her restaurant and not this Sunday but the following Sunday, she will will be open. My Sunday dining dilemma is solved. Closed on Mondays but I am so excited about the Sunday opening.

Yesterday we went to The Blue Rooster for lunch and of course delicious. Then we went to the Hazelwood Soap Company because they have their honeysuckle fragrance soap which they only sell in spring. If you're in Hazelwood ya have to go to Robin Blu and low and behold I found a metal sheep planter of which I am planning on using on the back porch...which we just got the bid for building it and we accepted it. Now just to wait for them to get to us, but we are on the way...or ready to be on the way...or something. Bruce came over tonight with the bid and he also repaired our broken closet. Anyway.... we stopped at Best Buy to get some cables or something and then we went to Belk's where we found Roy lots of shirts and pants...then a few things for me. By this time I was worn out and so tired that we decided to head on toward home.

We got Buddy in at the vet on Saturday for her steroid shot and mani/pedi. They just keep getting more and more zen-ish.

As we have been going around and getting stuff done in the back of my mind is the fact that Thursday morning life revolves around getting a TEE and then on Friday morning....early...let the ablation begin. Life certainly is circular and today it is six years ago today that the fateful call from my father's cardiologist nurse got the whole beginning of the end with my father. Last year we knew his body was shutting down and my brother waited with him until he was called to heaven. Last April began a year of afib and atrial flutter, some bouts of it rather scary and these kind of events were on the increase after having five years without too much fanfare. Of course six years ago we hadn't a clue that we would have a home in the mountains of North Carolina.


No comments: