Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Dusting Of Snow...Then It's All Gone

Last night I watched Hunter Ward, amateur meteorologist, discuss on FB the chances of snow for our area overnight and the chance of it sticking...not much was his conclusion. So, off to sleep with plans for today as I finish up things before Lisa's visit. When I awoke this morning and looked across the hall into the front bedroom and out the window it looked like a heavy fog. Only until looking out the back window did I realize it wasn't fog but snow. Big huge flakes falling at a rapid pace. It is considered a dusting, maybe an inch or so and it is sticking. Hunter did a quick broadcast this morning and the guy who has been right more times than the professionals on TV was a little surprised by the snow sticking since February had been a warm month and the temps haven't consistently been in the freezing range. Nonetheless, it is beautiful when snow blankets the trees, shrubs and plants. The sound of snow is mesmerizing. Snow quiets life or at least the pace of life.

The snow morning is speaking to my spirit. This has been a quiet season of life and I've written about that previously but this is a good reminder that even though I sense the quiet season coming to an end, it is available in whatever time frame we find ourselves in. Patsy Clairmont on Twitter quoted Michael W. Smith, "Some of the most powerful times are when we're quiet."

Several months ago while in Charlotte, I stopped in at a Barnes and Noble. It wasn't a particularly profitable trip to the bookstore or so I thought at the time but I bought a small book. It was The Passion translation of Proverbs. This month I started reading this daily and wow, what a fresh translation...probably meant for those much younger than me but in the daily reading I am blessed.

Cali is by herself this morning and she is sitting under the rose bush, looking for birds. No, it doesn't matter that I risked life and limb taking food outside to her....in the snow and I put down a blanket for her so her little paws would get some relief from the cold temps. Yesterday, I put out some treats for her and MJ. She came up to the treats with me standing about two feet away. Any movement on my part cause a little skittishness on hers but hopefully, I am making some headway to rescue her. The snow has started again in earnest but it should stop around 11:00 am.

I was able to get out to The Fresh Market this afternoon and make a stop at the post office. Flax now lets you order directly from them. They haven't done this previously and they sent the things I ordered to Katy. So, that package came today as well as some stuff from The Nord and Macy's.

This evening MJ and Cali are around, as well as Mama Cat. Camo is MIA but that is not unusual. Got them fed for this cold night ahead.

Hopefully it doesn't snow in the morning but it is fortunate that there are about three routes to take to Charlotte.

No comments: