Friday, March 16, 2018

Stop Signs, Delays, And Traffic Galore

There is a quietness tonight. There is also a fatigue but it is a good weariness from spending time with a dear, dear friend. All the fun and laughter, all the silliness and seriousness, all the later type nights and the get at it mornings...brought tremendous joy and emotional strength to this one. Now after a day on the road to take a friend to Charlotte with stops here and there along the way back, it is all settling in on me and I don't want to unload Target bags out of the truck. Forget emptying the dishwasher this evening too. It is the kind of night to sit here and ponder, then smile and ponder once again. There are some friends you share your heart with, often or rarely but you rest in the knowledge that your conversation is held as sacred and nothing is shared or  given as fodder to others.

We reminded ourselves today of our Saturday morning visit at the Starbucks in Boone. There is not a shortage of stop signs in Boone. We counted six or seven just at the payment window in the drive through. Then, making a turn to exit at a light...stop signs galore! OK, I have been mesmerized with the word galore here of late. Only in that the word galore has made a comeback and I just wasn't ready for it. It's a funny word. It seems like it would be used as a stripper's name, Donuts Galore, Delicious Galore....see, it is a good stripper name. I must start using galore more in sentences....nah! Just like that, I am over galore. We had to make an illegal back up to get over to the Publix parking lot where we encounter more stop signs...more than was needed. The kicker was, they had a no left turn sign but a left turn lane and light. Confusion galore!

Sometimes the flight from Charlotte to Asheville is almost as much as a flight from Texas to Charlotte. I don't mind, well sometimes I do, driving over to Charlotte. It's a beautiful drive and since I have been in this quiet season, it is a good drive for thinking. The South Park Mall and surrounding area, reminds me of Houston's Galleria area, is fun exploring although the Macy's could be better. The Barnes and Noble nearby is a good bookstore and of course The Nord is there. Yes, I have complained it is not as good as the Nord in the Galleria but last Thursday, lunch was delicious. Somehow, how did this happen, I am a level three fashion devotee with them which means more triple points days, more alterations, and all those special shopping events. Ah, it feels like the old days when the Nord was a bigger part of life. I don't plan on becoming a level four or five. That would be too much!
*****************
What a Friday! Worked out and then had an appointment with the cardiologist. We have everything scheduled for the ablation. Did lab work as well while I was there.  They also got the TEE scheduled as well as the CT of my heart. They are stricter here than in Houston on the recovery time so we will need to make adjustments for that.  It is always an adventure but the good news is I received the phone call letting me know that my heart monitor time is up. To turn everything off and get it bundled up and sent back to them. Gladly!

The Feral Fam has reunited but Mama Cat still keeps distance. New to the scene other than dead beat dad is a beat up, scratched up black and white male cat. Lisa and I saved him from a fight the other night and we felt like it was one of the best things we did. The huge black cat has moved on and who knows if the Feral Fam follows suite.

The Asheville Marathon is this weekend and the whole area around the Biltmore is jammed with traffic. Don't think I'll be going over that way any time this weekend. I came home the most convoluted way.

Since arriving home I have pretty much crashed but have found a second wind, so it is back to getting the work I started last night finished up. Looking forward to a good night sleep without a heart monitor going off in the night.

No comments: