Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Statements To Mission and Mission Impossible

I joke often when the WiFi is spotty that the squirrels aren't spinning the wheel fast enough. Roy put in a booster for the WiFi and with that coverage has been better. Yesterday was the exception as I received a text from Brenda that was clearly written the night before and it came in around noon. Surely she would not be wishing me a good night that early. When I arrived home there was a message on the home phone that had been left on Sunday evening from Mission Hospital concerning my CTA appointment, which the cardiologist office told me was on the 26th but Mission was saying the appointment is on the 22nd. So strange because I checked my messages Sunday night and none had been received and I get email notification of home messages and had not received anything on that. That email will probably arrive today around 4:00.  This morning I called the radiology number and they confirmed yes, the appointment is on the 22nd. I asked a stupid question and brought myself up on continuing that line of questioning because of a discussion we had in Sunday School...I think this discussion came on the heels of prayer requests and not in our discussion on the second chapter of James. Several mentioned some of the questions that are now asked on forms at doctor offices and hospitals. Someone said be careful how you answer these because it will be used against you later. So I didn't want on my permanent medical record that I asked a stupid question and continued doing so on March 20th, the first day of spring...although technically, it won't be spring until 12:15. Just thinking about that reminded me of those long ago back in the day performance reviews at church. They asked about strengths and weaknesses. Roy told me never give them the ammo they need to fire or let you go on those weakness questions. So I would answer them like, "my weakness is that I forget my husband is not employed by the church and usually ask him to help me with events. My weakness is I bring work home with me when I should be spending time with my family. You can use those for your next review.

When Lisa was here we made a quick trip to The Fresh Market, home of gaunt older white women from Florida or New York who think that looking like a skeleton is attractive. Yesterday, it was all I could do to stifle a laugh thinking about our experience the week before in the parking lot. With a big truck and the memory of scraping the side of SequishShawn on a utility pole, my mission is to park where I can pull out with the least amount of hassle. I'm heading for the back row. At the same time there was a lady in an Explorer who was waiting for the optimum parking spot for her, close to the entrance. She waited patiently or maybe she just waited for the couple to load groceries in the trunk and head on out. Meanwhile I have backed into my parking spot and Lisa says, I wonder why that lady in the Explorer is opening her door? Timing is everything, so I looked over at the right time to catch the lady hacking up a loogie and spitting. Argh! It looked like an oyster. I feel like I need to be truthful and report she was not a gaunt older woman, she was older but not gaunt and she could spit like a sailor.

So after all the "will" talk on Sunday and my unrealistic fear that took up most of the afternoon, I decided to read about heart ablations and the progress that has been made since having one in 2013...ironic that in 2013 I had it done on the first day of March and this time on the second to last day of March. I am asking the Lord for as good or better results just like the last one which heat was used and this time cold will be used to stop the electrical issues going on. I keep telling Roy that it is harder for me this time because Dr. Seger isn't doing it and I had such a trust in his skills because of who he is in this part of the medical community but there were downsides to him too, so with that I press on, trusting the Lord and my cardiologist here. I think I miss the personal relationship with the Dr here. Dr Seger and I are about the same age, grew up in Houston and we hung out at a lot of the same places in our teenage years...yet never met but we always had a great time reminiscing about those long ago days of youth.

Mike the mower man was here today for the first mowing of the season and we are expecting spring snow tonight and throughout tomorrow. The front yard looks so green and pretty and it will look pretty tomorrow with snow. I did get a chance to clean out the wagon planter today because I believe it is the breeding ground for flies.

Buddy is watching for the Feral Fam but only Mama Cat has been here today. Lots of birds and a few squirrels too.


No comments: