Saturday, March 24, 2018

Adventuresome Driving And The Like

Another morning of adventuresome driving. I had conflicting times of arrival for the CT scan this morning but I knew I wasn't going to get out on those roads in the dark, so I kind of split the difference in time and it all worked out. I am so glad that I took the time yesterday to do the drive by and become acclimated to the lay of the land. Checked in after valeting the truck, went up to the radiology waiting room, checked in there, filled out a form and before I could finish sending a text, the tech came out and got me. Another good vein stick so that is three for three in the last few weeks. Cannot wait to tell Taylor that all the stretches we've been doing on my arms came into play this morning because you put your arms behind your head when they are road mapping the heart. At one point they asked if I had a cell phone in my pocket but it was the device that is implanted in my chest to record afib episodes, although the battery is dead now. So, it was good to be finished by 9:08 and have that part done. I am so thankful that the scheduler kept me focused on the fact of having it one and done and not to reschedule until absolutely necessary.

It seems funny that the valet service they are providing complimentary during all the construction is staffed by middle aged to older men, not young guys who run and move quickly. So as is with so much here, the pace of life is slower. When I returned downstairs to the waiting room area, it was much more crowded and once I got SequishShawn I was off to breakfast at CA's. Delicious! Upon returning home I plunged into getting some last minute things wrapped up. In the midst of this the undeniable need for a nap, not in a recliner or couch but in bed hit me so hard. There has been several instances where I have lost precious sleeping hours and even Buddy joined me which she hardly ever does in the daytime. Oh my, I feel like a new person with an hour of a solid nap.
*****************
Now Saturday afternoon. We'll be taking Buddy in just a bit for her steroid shot and mani/pedi. She just doesn't appreciate the finer things in life. We were successful in getting the pill down her throat in one try. I think Inez's influence helped make today painless, well painless for us.

The trip to Charlotte yesterday was quite adventuresome. A huge wreck on I 40 caused traffic to come to a standstill. I must have set there for 30-45 minutes when I decided to become brave like so many others before me and exit on the entrance ramp. Didn't quite have the cooperation of GPS but I thought if I go down Tunnel Road surely there will be an opportunity to get back on the freeway. I learned a new thing and for that I was quite happy. It kind of put my schedule into a shambles but I was able to pick up some tacos at the Jack In The Box in Dallas, NC. Roy's plane landed before I got to the hotel but only beat his arrival by twenty minutes. The tacos...my first from Jack in over a year. Not that they are the best thing around....but these lacked something. I had bought some for Roy too. He wolfed those down because his plane change in Dallas was tight on time, so no time to grab anything to eat. This morning we were up early and out on the road. Had breakfast at the Cracker Barrel. Drove through snow in Ridgecrest and stopped at the Publix for a few groceries. I made Taco Soup and we had that a little later for lunch and then of course you know about the chill pill for Buddy.

Buddy did okay at the vet, at least she got her nails trimmed along with the shot and that is always a huge victory. We stopped at The Fresh Market on the way back home. Roy sat in the car with Buddy while I made the quick run in for a few things. We have come home and had our supper. Roy is watching TV after he made a smoothie and I have finished cleaning up the kitchen and ready to settle in for some reading and then shampoo my hair.

Looks like we were bypassed by the snow and for that we are grateful. It's beginning to rain just a bit. Got some food out for the Feral Fam. Cali has been out in the back for a good portion of the day.




No comments: