Thursday, April 19, 2007

Buddy Lee Beardsly

This is Buddy Lee our cat. You can see by the pictures as a kitten why we fell in love with him. OK, when we saw the pictures as a kitten everyone thought he was a he. I took Buddy to the vet to be neutered. I left him for his surgery and then sat in the car and cried. I had fallen hard for that kitten. I prayed for the Dr. and for the surgery to go well. The receptionist told me the Dr. will call about 1:00 to give a report. So off to Buffalo Grille to comfort myself with some eggs and grits. Got home and around 11:00 the Dr. called. My heart was in my throat and it was way too soon for a call. When he said, I have news for you concerning Buddy of course my thoughts go straight to Buddy died in surgery. I sat down to take the news... tissue in hand. Dr. Hopper reported Buddy is a Budette. What? He is a she. Did I want to continue with the surgery? Of course. I sat there in shock and then called Roy. I told him Buddy is a girl, which he said oh surgery went well? No...he is a she...a female. He wasn't shocked at all by this news, he said "Buddy never acted like a male cat." Like Roy has been around a lot of cats. But, we love Buddy and she brings us great joy and happiness. She follows me from room to room when I am at home. She sleeps at the end of our bed but sometime in the night she moves up and sleeps right under my chin. Just thought I would share my Buddy or Buddie Leigh with you all.











6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, girl! Bring that cat to work so I can love on her...oops! I mean HIM! We can keep him in my office all day - no one would ever know he was there (except Courtney!).

Lisa Pierre said...

Buddy, Budette, Buddy Lee or Buddy Leigh and Beardsly (where did that come from?), whatever - she and I need a "meet and greet."

Nancy Mon said...

Let me get her claws cut before you do the sip and see, meet and greet. Buddy would love meeting you.

FitzandMolly said...

she looks so velvety and soft. i want to pet her.

Nancy Mon said...

She is so soft and cuddly and acts more like a dog than a cat at times. When we come home she is waiting at the front door and falls into a heap to have her stomach rubbed. When I stop rubbing and take a few steps she runs ahead of me and flops over on her back again. I love her. She blesses me. I know I sound nuts, but God has taught me so many spiritual lessons and truths through Buddy.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Buddy is so cute. I love those eyes. I can see now why u love this beautiful pet.