Friday, April 13, 2007

What to do on a rainy day

What to do on a rainy day? On an overcast, humid, misting day like today I love to stay in and read. With some of my Nordstrom Notes I bought one of those soft throws like SPA Nordstrom uses. It is warm and soft and I love to get wrapped up in it and get into reading a book, preferrably Southern fiction. Soon Buddy, our long haired gray kitten is sitting beside me sleeping. Buddy will have to be another day. She has certainly led an interesting life so far. Oh, by the way... we ordered a digital camera yesterday and it should be here next week and then I will be able to add some pics to the blog. The Mon's are coming into the 21st century at home. Which reminds me that with all the 21st century tech why does it take 19th century time to get everything up and running? Yet again another comment for another day. Guess you can tell by now that I am ADD, so I will get back on task. This particular rainy day I went to Mrs. B's. I have been keeping up with her correspondence and checks writing for about 10 years. Then Roy and I went to Mustang Engineering's www.mustangeng.com Herofest. Roy's company is a client of Mustang so we go to this happening most every year. It is Mustang's 20th Anniversary and they are doing it up in style. Roy and I had our picture taken with a blue horse. This blue horse can even shake hands and rub your shoulders. That Mustang horse has everything on Mr. Ed. Mr. Ed was a talking horse and who needs convo when there is some shoulder rubbing to be had. We celebrated with boiled shrimp, dirty rice, corn, and birthday cake and came home with cool t-shirts and caps. In my book that is a great way to spend a rainy day. The only thing that could have put it over the topidy is Mustang notebooks and pens. They are the best, but then I am crazy for notebooks and pens...well, any cool office supplies, but that is yet another topic for another day. Anyone else out there with tons of journals that have yet to be written in?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Richard was tending bar at Mustang's party. Had I known you were going to be there...I would have skipped work and made an appearance! Ha! Don't you love all the stuff Mustang gives away? We almost need another mailbox to handle all the mail, invitations and cool stuff they send our way! I missed seeing you this week!

Nancy Mon said...

I looked for Richard but never found him. Besides Roy and I were sidelined with a blast from the past person who would not let Roy have one peaceful moment. Someone he knew from college and this guy had been married to a friend of mine from back in the day. Next time for sure we will touch base.

FitzandMolly said...

I had to stop buying journals, but I've almost filled my last one up, so it's time to go shopping. Pens, however, are another story. I have so many pens that they end up having to be thrown away b/c the ink dries up. One of my pet peeves is if someone takes my pens or pencils at work.

Anonymous said...

Oh, BTW - I, too, have alot of journals that are unwritten! I just love the way they look on my bookshelf! I even buy journals just because the spine (color or design) would look great on my shelf!

Lisa Pierre said...

Thinking about your post title, I have one word, 3 letters: TCM.