Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday Morning

This morning I awoke a brand new way. Roy had left for the office and I was still in bed dozing. Buddy was anxious for me to get up and play. She had already eased into her morning because she got up with Roy around 5:00 am. I felt her jump onto the bed and then she jumped onto my head. In that playful moment her claw accidentally scratched my eyelid. When I opened my eyes all I saw was blood. The pain was sharp and I immediately just started bawling...my eyes out...couldn't resist. I ran into the bathroom and applied pressure and cold water to my eyelid. Finally I got the bleeding stopped. Finally got my crying stopped. Buddy knew something was wrong. She sheepishly sat beside my feet. The bleeding was profuse because of skin being so thin in the eye area. When I was able to assess the damage it is big scrape across my eyelid and claw marks in my eyebrows and a few on my forehead. I am asking the Lord for no swelling cause tomorrow I have a Mrs. Mon thing. That is what I call stuff we attend for Roy's job. The President of his company is throwing a barbecue at his ranch in Brenham and we are attending. I am already intimidated about it because we don't look or act like a "corporate couple." I am the old wife of 30 years in the land of trophy wives and fashionistas. I really don't want to be there with a black eye and scratches on my forehead. I have hope this morning after reading Tammie's blog about God being at barbecues. Lord, I know you will show yourself huge tomorrow at the barbecue...let me have both eyes open to see You.

1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

I am so sorry about your eye. That stinks.