Sunday, April 29, 2007

One Totally Fine and Fun Saturday




We are officially up and running with our camera now. So we took a few pictures from yesterday. Roy and I had one of those totally fun days from the start to the finish. We got to sleep in which is a rarity for us. Roy got up and went walking while Buddy and I eased into the day. Update on my eye, Buddy scratched my eyelid in the perfect place, the bruising is a perfect eyeliner bruise. Smokey eyes are in so I am a one eye smoke eye. We left for Brenham around 12:15 and arrived at the ranch around 1:45. It is a gorgeous piece of land with all the accoutrement's of fine living in the country. Stocked lake, paddle boats, kayaks, four wheelers, horseback riding, hay ride, swimming pool, rocking chairs, and some down home catered barbecue with all the fixin's completed with peach cobbler. No Blue Bell...shucks! Our favorite was the rocking chairs with the view of a valley spread out like God had set his best table yet. I wonder how many there thanked God for His splendor and majesty. It is like most corporate events...great setting, great food, great amenities, but not much relationship. Everyone invited was Director level and above which obviously means most of these people are used to being in competition with one another or opposed to one another...with a some good natured camaraderie in between. We left, put the top down on Mustang Sally and went about to explore the countryside. The fragrance of clover and fresh mowed hay enveloped us with nary a sneeze or any congestion. We stopped at Baylor's first site but decided against going through the Texas Baptist Museum. It was too pretty of a day to be trapped up looking at Baptist history. We stopped at a roadside truck farmer's set up. Roy picked out a huge watermelon and I picked out tomatoes and sweet potatoes. We took our time and came back into Houston on the country roads and once we hit I-10 we hit the Grand Parkway and took the Westpark Toll Road right into the Galleria area. We went to the Nord where they had an Over/Under shoe event. If your shoe size is 5 or smaller and 10.5 or larger there were racks and racks of shoes of all types but in your size. Most of you all probably don't know how much fun this was for me. Size 11 is not always easy to find or at least not to have so many options. While I perused the shoes Roy was in the men's shoe area watching the NFL Draft. They have 4 flat screen TVs for the guys to keep up with all the sporting events. Once I had finally selected some shoes, I called Roy over for his opinion. Had three pairs, red open toed slip on shoes, comfortable blue and green Priva! shoes, and a pair of cute ugly kind of shoes. Came home with the first two pair, men don't understand cute ugly kind of shoes. Then we ate at the Bistro and having regained our strength went to Borders Bookstore (I had a coupon), Apple, Eddie Bauers and Macy's. We returned home worn out and tired, but nourished. The day was such a needed break from our routine. We loved just talking through stuff, major and minor. It was fun to have a convertible to take it all in. Roy didn't go into the office like most Saturdays and I am sure my Sunday School lesson tonight will suffer just a bit and hopefully the class will cut me a little grace.
Wow, what a great day!

3 comments:

Lisa Pierre said...

Oh
My
Gosh
!
That sounds like such a wonderful day that I need to do also. Saturdays should be like that. I'm glad y'all got that one in. Sounded much better than my trip to Alexandria, La.

Amanda said...

What a fun day! Your pictures are awesome.

FitzandMolly said...

where's the picture of the eyelid??