Thursday, April 26, 2007

Foodies

Buddy and I are waiting for Roy to leave the office. Buddy is full of energy the kind that gets her in trouble. She is so interested in my desk. It is a recurring theme. She gets on the desk, gets squirted with water. I think that is how she keeps her shiny and manageable coat. The desk only interests her when I get home from work and when Roy and I go to sleep. Most nights Buddy is banished from the bedroom because of the desk issue. We are waiting for Roy so that we can go out to dinner , Roy and I not Buddy. This morning I took the Admins on the Ministries Staff for breakfast at the Houstonian to celebrate Administrative Professional week. It was different than doing the lunch thing and we had a lot of fun. We were vying for the available couches in the office suite for nap time when we returned. Last night I met Dena at Buffalo Grille. Had breakfast for dinner. The pancakes are awesome at the Grille. Tuesday night I met my friends who are on the praise team that lead worship at Tuesday night Bible study. I am like the mascot for them. We ate at The Grand Lux. It was my first time to eat there and it was sooooo good! I cheated and looked online at the menu and saw banana cream pie. Yep, I had it and let me just say it was so good it made ya want to slap your mama. Sunday Roy and I did the Los Cucos thing...chips and salsa, I am sure they will be at the wedding supper of the Lamb. Saturday night Dena and I went shopping so of course we ate at the Bistro at the Nord. I love eating dinner with Dena cause we split our orders a lot. Here is what we split last Saturday: Asparagus Tempura, pear and blue cheese salad, portabella mushroom pizza, and an order of fries. The fries at the Bistro are the best around. The waiter was puzzled by our order and we let him know that we weren't getting enough fried food in our diet. As much as I love eating dinner with Roy he just doesn't get the split thing. He is missing out on a whole new dining experience. We will probably go to Sweet Tomatoes tonight. He loves that place. Now tomorrow, I will be eating at Massa's Grill. I will not be sharing any of my fried shrimp. It is the best in town, they fry it in cornmeal. Well, that is all for now. Think I will call Roy and see if he is getting any closer to leaving the office before 6:00.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On Monday, I will happy to split one of everything on the menu at The Bistro with you....I am all about sharing the happiness, girl!