Saturday, November 3, 2007

An Extra Hour! What to do, what to do? Guess I Will Blog


Roy and I just got in from visiting my parents and then going out to dinner. It was the perfect dinner date for Roy. We were surrounded with three TV screens and with football in full gear, he was a happy man as we ate and watched the games, only to talk during the commercial break. With Texas A&M fans outnumbering LSU/Alabama fans, all three monitors are on the Oklahoma Sooners dismantling the Aggie's. There should be a vale of tears back to College Station tonight. LSU beat the much disliked Crimson Tide...much disliked by Roy, who went to LSU. I root for Alabama when they play anyone else but the Tigers. My tennis partner who I had an undefeated season with went to Alabama and so there is a soft spot there for Bama.

My mom is an avid gardener. We were looking out the window at her flower beds when I say the biggest fern I have ever seen. She bought a regular fern at Lowe's and see what she has done with it.


These are some big honkin' ferns. This gift of growth did not make it into my DNA, but my mom's sense of humor did.

Wednesday night was First Fest, the Falloween Celebration formerly known at Fall Festival. I went over early to take some pictures of the brave souls who took on the mechanical bull.

CourtneyS looks tough, but the bull tamed her spirit.




Jesse did himself proud staying on the longest.




Debbie is trying to get situated on the bull...she never really found her stride for the ride. Other weekend highlights:
  • Buddy had her first of two sets of shots. It has taken some of the starch out of her last night. She found her spot at the end of the bed and did not move. It kind of scared me and I had to turn on the light in the middle of the night to make sure she was still alive. If waking up Buddy and Roy was the goal, mission accomplished.
  • Had my first Gingerbread Latte of the season. Wow, I forgot how good it is.
  • Roy went to court this morning...no not practicing law or in trouble with the law, he went to get three hours of ethics for his CLE.
  • Heard twice from Dena yesterday, both calls from New York. Asked me to take care of a few last minute items. Sounds like they are ready for a wonderful trip.
  • I wasn't able to go to Galveston with friends yesterday. Hopefully Candie will take her less than tan friends again. Buddy had me concerned and with the addition of the motorcycle clubs taking over the island for the weekend, had me less than enthralled, so I didn't make the trip.

I've decided than in addition to being addicted to books, I am addicted to collecting journals. You would not believe how many I have...not written in. Actually, I buy interesting journals more so for gifts than for myself. And my book addiction is getting worse, we had three Amazon deliveries this week, all books I ordered. Maybe I will be in the A&E show Intervention...no I am not really looking for help with this, besides I do give away some books...after awhile. Our Amazon acct goes to Roy's email and he emailed me this week to let me know he now needs to keep up with me and will be ordering more books. Got to love a man who loves him some good reading.

Well, speaking of reading, I am off to do just that. Need to turn the clocks back so that we are not really, really early for church in the morning.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

here i am again only to find a few more shared interests....i also have a journal weakness and all of mine go for gifts...i literally cannot pick up a pen and write sentence 1....thats why as an aa member i could never get my 4th done and why i can't get through some of these valleys.....i read you for inspiration....but i so love journals! I did in fact go to galveston yesterday unaware of the bikes....which I LOVE...even though i haven't riden in too many years..i still have my own unriddn in many years bike! So you can't grow ferns but you do grow BIG Hearts

jsi said...

Hi there...thanks for stopping by my site. I love Gingerbread lattes too, and I'm glad the season for them is an extended one. I'll have more than one before we see 2008. I'll be checking in on your site to find your thoughts and inspirations. Embrace and enjoy the day God has given you.

The Synnott's said...

oozing.... oh nancy, th thoughts i am having! thanks for the comment and the memory!

looks like the "fest" was fun... cant wait to do it next year!

miss you

Dana said...

We missed you in Galveston, but we understand. I do anyway, the others were not so kind.

Just kidding.

There is a note for you on my blog. I was asked to pass it on.

Love the anonymous line "So you can't grow ferns but you do grow BIG hearts." That was sweet!

FitzandMolly said...

that bull doesn't even look like it's moving in my picture. and all i'm sayin' is that i stayed on longer than my boss.

Lauren said...

Okay, those ferns are cracking me up. Seriously. I have never in my life seen something like that!

Dana said...

Um, yes I did...

Jesse is the meanest bull rider in all of Tejas! Si?