Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Psalms, Creativity and Randomness

Last week I downloaded from itunes Psalms and Proverbs from The Message Bible. The Psalms have been such a welcomed accompaniment during my workouts. This week I have finally arrived at Psalm 119. Always has been one of my favorite Psalms but with the fresh reading of links from bloggers who attended SMT and sharing what Beth taught, has made Psalm 119 very fresh to me in these recent days. These verses have stood out, "I'm single minded in pursuit of You; don't let me miss the road signs You have posted." Also love, love, love this, " Give me insight so I can do what You tell me, my whole life one long, obedient response."


Today's bike ride was with Erwin McManus. He taught on creativity and in such a totally different light from I Samuel 17. Awesome! I will definitely be re-listening to that one. We get so caught up in what the definition of creativity is and mostly we have it so wrong.


Some random things I am enjoying today and the above would be included;
  • Activa Yogurt with Quaker Oatmeal Squares
  • Hard boiled egg- I totally forgot how good those can be
  • Roy taking Buddy with him when he gets up, then closes the bedroom door. Oh those last few hours of sleep are so peaceful with Buddy not in them
  • Got a credit from Amazon because I pre-ordered So Long Insecurity and the price dropped right before the release date
  • Had a fun excursion to the Play Grocery Store. Got my lo-cal tuna salad, some lo-carb peanut butter and Egg Beaters. I could get the Egg Beaters somewhere cheaper but not planning to do any real grocery shopping until Friday.
  • Choir tonight and I'm not even saying that by faith! Choir is always good, now.
  • Nordstrom had a Private Event sale online today. Found some boots...made for walking...

Well, that's it. I need to go downstairs to the office and pick up a package. Hopefully one pair of glasses will be in tomorrow. That would be a random thing to give great praise to God. I'd say I have felt like Mr. Magoo but all but two or three of y'all might even know who I'm talking about.

2 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Loved reading about your day......

FitzandMolly said...

I would not be among the two or three.