Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Wonderful World of Helicopters

Roy and I got to do a totally fun thing this afternoon. After church and lunch with a friend...well after heading back home to change out of my new cute boots and wear my other glasses, we went downtown to the George R Brown Convention Center. My cousin Beth is in town for this huge helicopter expo. She works in the helicopter industry. I don't know what she does, but she was busy. We got to grab a few minutes with she and David, her boyfriend who also works in the helicopter industry, and then Roy and I set out on our own to explore all the helicopters. Roy was in man heaven! He sat in all kinds of helicopters and would have probably done some of the virtual flying if there hadn't been such a long line. I was thrilled with the complementary tote/briefcase bag. Awesome! Love those kinds of freebies.




I would write more about our wonderful adventure and learning, but Roy is crowding me about using the computer. Guess, I will relinquish it to him and just blog later.
Thanks Beth and David for a wonderful opportunity. We get to have dinner with them on Tuesday and we are really looking forward to that.


2 comments:

marty h said...

That looked like fun! Glad Roy had such a good time!

Jennifer said...

How funny! We went to Discovery Green on Saturday and saw the convention. We had no idea there was such a thing and now I can say that I know someone that went to it!