Saturday, June 12, 2010

It's a Good Day and I Thank God For It

It was a good day and I thank God for it. What a great Saturday! Roy and I headed over to Pappasitta's for breakfast. CourtneyS and her family were there giving brunch a try and I think they really liked it. Ah Pecan pancakes are my big splurge each week.

After breakfast we dropped off some clothes at Goodwill and then went to Academy to take back a shirt. I accidentally picked up a medium. Roy found some running shoes and shorts and I found flip flops and work out capris. Taking back that shirt became a little expensive. Of course I blame Roy for my being able to find all these really great things. I've written before how long it takes for him to pick out a pair of shoes. He had about 8 boxes of shoes to try on, so I came back intermittently to see what progress he had made. Found a really cool pair of Reeboks, called zip run.

We then went to Office Max with our 20% off bag to get markers and crayons for Houston Project. We thought about running on to Kroger but I had just about had enough running around in the heat. Besides, I wanted to get home because I was expecting a call from my long time friend Mary Madeline St John Whittinghill. She and I Facebook and exchange cards every once in a while, but it has been eons since we have sat down and had any type or kind of conversation. We were in each others weddings. Talk about opposites in many ways but so much alike in the one thing that knits lives together, we both love and want to serve our Lord Jesus Christ. Oh my, we talked for over 2 hours and I didn't want it to end I was having such a good time. I had forgotten how she can turn a phrase and make me laugh so hard. Also got some great book recommendations from her and I've ordered them on Amazon. She's a grandma now to five grand kids. I have had their family pictures through the years on the refrigerator. I cannot tell you how many have commented on the pictures by saying that is the most beautiful family I have ever seen. I agree. Now that we have caught up, we can carry on with our friendship. We are up to date on all the needful things. What a joy to be friends with those who watched us struggle over decisions and life early on, who know our history and who can rejoice that God continues to work out His purpose in our lives.

While I was talking to Mary Madeline, Roy had gone to a farmer's market and then to get a haircut. He was laughing at me still being on the phone when he got home. What a great husband, he went to find me some more tomatoes, since he had quenched me last week on my produce order. Yep, if there are home grown tomatoes in the house...I will eat them. He brought home more peaches as well. I fixed purple hulled peas with pork and venison sausage tonight. Doing the Southern cooking thing again.

Tonight he has been going through all his work clothes and getting those that don't fit anymore ready for giving away.


This just still blows me away! Thursday night I met Dena for dinner at The Nord. That is not what blew me away. I went a little early to return some pants that I've never worn but are now too big for me and exchange some size 6 shorts that I accidentally picked up instead of my size. Once Dena got to the Nord, I was still shopping and she began to look around too. Anyway, my news is Mary, great sales person at Nord, told me to get size 10 in the jeans I was trying on. No way! She brought them to me and dang if those puppies didn't fit me. I was shocked!!! I even said I will buy dinner if these fit, thinking I had a sure thing going. Stinkin' size 10. Who would have thought? Well, you know other than Mary. Oh and I did buy dinner.


Thursday and Friday Roy has been at a conference at the J W Marriott. Yesterday I met him afterwards for an early dinner at Grand Lux. He had never eaten there and loved it. Then we went to the Nord Rack. Think he is beginning to like all things Nord kind of like his wife. That's a good thing and I thank God for it.

3 comments:

FitzandMolly said...

oh my gosh, i LERVE purple hull peas!! we need to venture out to Froberg's in Alvin together sometime soon - they have purple hull peas, and lots of other yummy things.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

So glad you had a good day....and YEAH 10.....

FitzandMolly said...

OH...and the migas...can't stop thinking about them!