Saturday, June 19, 2010

What's Not to Love About a Laid Back Saturday Afternoon?

It may be hot outdoors but inside it is cool and comfortable. Roy is in the den/closet, that now is really looking more like a den again, working on office stuff. Buddy is with me. Buddy is sound asleep at the end of our bed and I'm sitting here surrounded by books and magazines playing on the lap top. Dinner is on the stove. Once again we are having purple hulled peas with venison and pork sausage, sliced home grown tomatoes and fresh sliced peaches and strawberries for dessert. I've already had a great nap, went to breakfast at Pappasita's this morning and attended a baby shower for a friend. In between the shower and the nap, I made a quick stop at The Villager to peruse the half price Vera Bradley. I found a cute tote bag and a fun purse deeply discounted at 50% off. So, all in all, not a bad Saturday.


Yesterday, was the long looked forward to delivery of our new Tempur-pedic bed. Oh my, it is so wonderfully comfortable. Both Roy and I slept great. Once Buddy joined us in the middle of the night, I think she had a great night's sleep as well. All my tossing and turning never once disturbed Roy. Unbelievable! A neighbor from the first floor and I were walking to the mail boxes yesterday and she commented on the delivery of our bed. I told her, it might become difficult to get me out of our home now with the bed and the Amish glider. Ah comfort.


Nordstrom saw two visits from us yesterday. The Half Yearly Sale for Men has started and I wanted to get there early to find Roy new pants. Found 3 pairs I thought he would like and three shirts. We went back last night to have the pants fitted and he found 2 more pairs he liked. It is funny how women are encouraged to come back to the dressing room area with their husband/boyfriend/whatever. There's a little seating area and everything. So, I sat there to make comment about cuff length or whatever for Roy. It was a happening place, the men's dressing room and the tailor hardly had a moment to wipe his brow because men were lining up left and right for measurements and the all important question, do you dress left or right? Awkward! One man who bought a pair of pants and two jackets, left his zipper down the whole time he was being measured and fitted. Where oh where to look? I got out my Blackberry and became enamored so quickly with Facebook until his time was over. So tempted to revert back to elementary school days and yell, hey, your barn door is open. So after buying two more pairs of pants and returning one of the shirts bought in the morning, we rallied the economy with three more dress shirts and a pair of shoes.


I have had several days to get my brain around the continuing viral heart journey. Again, I'm so happy that the medical field does verify I have a brain. Three out of the four chambers of my heart are enlarged but all the valves are in excellent condition. So, once again I'm limiting my fluid intake and now have to scale back my cardio work outs. I will see a Dr that specializes in the electrical systems in the body, heart emphasis. Don't know if I am the Hoover Dam or a wind less driven windmill in the electrical department. I'm experiencing some symptoms that I remember from 2008 and this time I know they aren't "other" related. I was reminded that this continues to be a serious condition and time is of the essence in getting all this attended to and for the decisions that need to be made for the next course of treatment. Love how the medical field gets you all fired up, ready to get things done, renew your mind to be in the proper mindset for any coming changes and then lets you know it might take 3-6 weeks to get an appointment.


Guess I will check on Roy and see if he is ready for dinner. He loves it when I get all Southern themed because he knows there will be a couple of home cooked dinners involved. It might be the same meal several times, but he doesn't mind. I'm actually in the kitchen for more than a Diet Coke. Have a great Saturday evening, y'all!

4 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Totally Hurry Up and Wait in the medical field and frustrates me so much....

Praying for you.,...

FitzandMolly said...

Mon. Praying for you. I bought purple hulled peas today, and greens.

Marty H said...

I was so thinking about the barn door when you got to that part of the blog. Also "teacher, teacher I declare..."

Amanda said...

Nancy, how frustrating about the appointment! Dern! I'm praying for your heart.