Monday, June 21, 2010

Not Too Bad for a Monday

For a Monday, today hasn't been too bad. I stayed up later than usual last night watching TV. I watch bits and pieces of programs but I'm hard pressed to remember the last time I watched as much as I did last night. Who wouldn't! " To Kill a Mockingbird" was on TCM. We have it on DVD but love watching it when TCM features it. I always say The Bad Seed is my favorite movie but really I think it is Mockingbird. I watched the whole thing which is really unusual because I just like to watch my favorite parts. After Mockingbird, "Life With Father" was on and I stayed up after 11:00 watching it. That movie has some really funny lines in it and the whole time we watched I'd say to Roy, Dr M looks like William Powell.


So up early I was not this morning. It was a total ease into the day. Met my trainer at 11:30 and had a good core workout. Afterwards I filled up the car and then ran to Kroger's. I needed to get a couple of gift cards, so I picked some up while shopping. The cashier activated them but then there was some kind of problem. At first she told me it was with my credit card and I knew that couldn't be the problem. Come to find out, the gift cards, two of them, were too old to be activated. So I had to go to customer service and they had to take the charge off my credit card, which is in good standing. It was a little time consuming but not too bad. It is just so embarrassing to be holding up the line and the first thing that is said is, "it must be your credit card."


Now I am beginning the packing process for a trip to Destin next week. Today I am mainly getting the little details taken care of like, medicines, batteries, chargers and the like. Also gathering up the travel sized lotions and make up to be done and have that out of the way. Maybe I'll start looking at some outfit combinations because in my mind's eye, I don't have a clear vision of what I'd like to wear. I'm such a mood clothes wearer. Actually, my friend Dena is going on the trip too. Summer is always such a busy time office wise for Roy and he had told me after our trip to Biltmore that he couldn't be out of the office for any length of time until late fall or the end of the year. Dena and I travel very well together and she knows and loves the part of my family we are going to visit. I've heard that the oil is hitting the beaches there and that is just so sad to hear. Silver lining, more shopping time!

No comments: