Sunday, June 6, 2010

Just An Ordinary Sunday


Just another ordinary Sunday. Roy walked to church to pray in the Worship Center before the services as is his customary thing to do. I drove over later, but not too much later because I arrive early to be ready for choir. Loved the worship today, loved the songs we all sang together as believers in Christ. Loved, Loved, Loved the songs the choir sang, especially the song As Long as I've Got King Jesus. I used to listen to that song before big tennis matches...good beat and easy to play to. Went to Sunday School, oops I mean Sunday Adult Bible Study where Dena is teaching an awesome series on the storyline of God in the Bible. Attendance at Table 9 was down because so many are out of town. After church Roy and I went out for lunch. We decided on Mexican food only because I thought if we ate Chinese, I'd be more apt to cheat and eat all my orange chicken, which is fried, and that I was in a better place food wise to consume correct portions of Mexican food. So we did that. While talking at lunch I mentioned we had received a postcard from The Amish Craftsman that they are now selling Tempur Pedic mattresses. $200 dollars off and a special $100 worth of Tempur Pedic products for free. They had also continued their Memorial Day Sale, 15% off and thought we might find something else Amish that we couldn't resist. Roy said, let's go over there and look around. So we did just that. Of course, the first Tempur Pedic mattress we look at, is one of the most expensive ones. We made our way around the store trying out all the different kinds. There was another couple doing the same thing and we came to the awkward moment where we all met up at the same bed. I was so tempted to dive on into the bed with them laying or lying on it but rather took Roy's suggestion that we should go onto the next mattress set and come back to the one of the awkward meeting. Our salesman was awesome in answering all our questions and much to my surprise after Roy had asked me which mattress had been my favorite, he told me that was his as well. Right then and there Roy said, let's buy it. You could have knocked me over with a feather...of course I would have fallen onto the comfy bed, because this quick decision came from the man who on Friday night took like 17 hours to buy two pairs of shoes. One has to have the patience of Job to shoe shop with Roy. Early on in our marriage I would reserve a whole Saturday just to go with him as he tried on shoes, just to get one pair. Of course I was always really sweet about doing that with him... Uh, I got off track... Anyway, we bought a king size Tempur Pedic bed today. Many want to know, are the Amish making it? No, but it will be a about a week and a half before it is delivered. Which is just fine with me. We can use the time to make some other furniture decisions and of course gets the Dyson after the dust bunnies under the bed. Jennifer, you'll need to break the news to Scott that he is going to have to make another delivery here. He didn't last time, but he can pull in the parking lot closer to the door to unload. Hopefully Roy will be here and can help as well.

No comments: