Monday, June 14, 2010

Wandering, Wondering and Randomness

Alrighty, one Dr appointment done. I hope there is some blood left in my body because they took a whole lot of samples this morning. All I have to show for it is a flexible band aide. The nurse was awesome at getting a needle in without pain and without multiple stickings. Signed bunches of papers so now all the Dr's can release my info to one another. I go on Thursday for a consultation and hopefully an explanation of the next steps on this journey. So very happy that the consultation is with the Dr that takes the most time and gives the best explanation of diagnoses. Nothing like topping off a fasting blood work appointment with some Buffalo Grille. The toasted cinnamon coffee has to be one of my all time favs. Although I had an interesting book with me, the loud conversations going on around me were so difficult to ignore. I learned a lot about investing at the Biltmore due to loud conversation and this morning I learned about leasing and marketing retail locations. That is good knowledge to have in case my artistic side ever decides to kick in and I would like to show or sell said goods.


I also started back with my personal trainer today. I took off the month of May with Debbie. There was so much going on actually in both of our lives. So the mini break was good except my balance is way off again. I love the Pilate's work we do. It is great working with Debbie especially since there are conflicting opinions by the professionals on how much cardio I should do and how strong my workouts should be right now. On top of that I am watching how much fluid I drink, can't drink too much or my heart has to work too hard to pump and deal with excess fluid. Yet, I need to drink enough not to become dehydrated. Looks like I am going to have to lose more than the 22 pounds I have left to go to help ease up on everything. That doesn't upset me too much because changing into a maintenance mindset is probably going to be very challenging.


Next, I need to schedule an appointment with my opthomologist and see...hahaha, that would be a novel concept for me now, if the lenses in my glasses can be changed so I can see out of one pair instead of having to use 3 pairs of different glasses. I've got to use a bigger purse. Oh, I can see my purse, it is just lugging around so many pairs of specs that gets old. At least I don't have to wear two pairs at a time like I had to do earlier in the year. Uh, I basically stayed home during that duration. Not a becoming look.


The tomatoes that Roy bought at the Airline produce market rock!!! He found someone who had home grown ones. He also brought home two bags of peaches. They are delicious and only a dollar a bag.


Stormy weather going on. There is stormy weather going on in so many lives. I so appreciate those of you who have shared some of the storms that are happening or have happened in your life. When my storm is raging, that is when I pray for others in their storm. Takes my mind off my puny problems and it is the sacred opportunity to trust God with my storm and with those whose storms are different from mine. I heard Charles Stanley say this morning to ask God to show you the joy. He is faithful and He does! Psalm 107 says He will still the storm to a whisper and hush the waves of the sea and bring us into our desired haven.


Speaking of waves, I am going to get something off my bucket list. Tomorrow evening I am going to attempt and dare I say, be successful at riding the raft being pulled behind a jet ski at Peggy's. I'm really excited about this. Several friends are coming out for this fun girl's night at Peggy and Bill's. There may or may not be pictures, depending on the success or how the pictures turn out (good bathing suit pictures which at any age over 21 would qualify as an oxymoron). But if there is anything worth publishing, they'll be on the Monablog.

2 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

So many people are in big storms...Some days it just overwhelms me...I have a neice that lost two close frinds in the Ark flash floods....I am thinking about getting a personal trainer...Did that really help you? I am just wondering how many excuses I would come up with not to go..Our little Jack is at the doctor now with 104 temp and headed to get a chest Xray...You hear so many horrible stories that everytime one of the littles get sick I have a touch of anxiety...
Hope you get great reports this week....

Marty H said...

I loved what John said tonight about keeping a smile on our face and a joyful heart no matter what we face. I thought of you immediately. You are a great example of this.