Saturday, January 8, 2011

Now Maybe it Ain't So

This morning with a sad heart and depressed spirit I got ready for my last Saturday pecan pancake breakfast. Roy and I have been referring to it as "The Last Breakfast" since Thursday. Hey, I am willing to wash feet if the powers that be keep the breakfast going on Saturdays. Please Lord, I don't want to stand in line with all the other chumps at 59 Diner, Denny's, Buffalo Grill, and La Peep on Saturday mornings. I even dressed up a little more for the occasion. Roy and I prepared our hearts for the final Saturday breakfast at Pappasito's on our drive there. The staff greeted us with big smiles and such happiness. How could they? Oh yes, they won't have to be at the restaurant so early on Saturdays anymore. Nathan waited on us as always and we asked him to confirm what Roy had been told on Thursday. He said there are rumors all over the place on what is or is not going to happen but the general consensus is, they will open later but still serve breakfast on Saturdays. Now that we can live with. I am so hoping this is the case and not the total absence of breakfast on Saturdays. We shall see what develops. Alyssa joined us for breakfast today but we also saw Cindy, Ricky and Jennifer as well as Erin D and Matt at breakfast. So how convicting is it that your dietitian sees you eating your last bite of pancakes and she and her husband split their order? Well, I was not convicted in the least...or at least that is what I am telling y'all.


After our delicious, lovely breakfast and delightful visiting with Alyssa, we headed over to the Toyota dealership to get our license plates and to have my phone synced with the blue tooth system in Sequisha. Got my most talked to peeps on the preset and I'll have to add others in as I go. Now if Roy and I update our phones we will truly be technological in the twenty first century. It is so sad to watch others use our phones and try to use the touch screen, which doesn't exist on our oldies but goodies. You have to say, uh use the roller ball thing there in the middle. You are just leaving your fingerprints all over the front of my phone.


Yesterday I booked all my upcoming Dr appointments for the month and rescheduled one. I am finally getting my eyes checked and I'll be able to get new glasses. 2010 was the year of not seeing clearly... If it takes a village, then it take three pair of glasses to help me get around. It all depends on whether I'm driving, or reading or need to see distance more than up close. At times it was too much for my ADD riddled mind to keep up with.

If the world seems a little off kilter this week, once again I may be to blame. No, I didn't got back to Hobby Lobby or Michael's, although I was near a Hobby Lobby on Wednesday. After my massage on Tuesday I went to Sur La Table or whatever it is called, the other William Sonoma... anyway I bought a few things and then for a moment contemplated going to William Sonma, but I didn't want to be responsible to any unusual world effect happenings. I might have pushed the possibility a bit more to the edge by my trip to the Kroger yesterday. One, I had a list...a grocery list...I was this close to buying pantry staples. But, my right mind came back to me on the Diet Coke aisle. But, I did buy stuff to make a couple different kinds of soup next week to help celebrate colder temps, or the predicted but we will see colder temps next week. One soup is Pumpkin Black Bean Soup. I'll let you know how that turns out. It sounds really good to me. Roy went with me to the store and he was in shock the whole time we went up and down the aisles because I shopped in an orderly and organized fashion. Not once did we have to back track clear across the store because I forgot some critical ingredient. Now if anyone is panicking that the world may turn upside down let me assure you, I am getting ready to run to the Play Grocery Store and get sides for our Five Buck Cluck I bought for our dinner tonight yesterday when I was there. See, two or three trips every couple of days keeps everything in order. Today will be my 3rd trip of the week to the Play Grocery store. All is well.

1 comment:

Erin said...

No, no, no! Matt only ate like two bites of my pancakes, no conviction whatsoever! He's more of an egg and potato guy! I was right there with you, those pancakes were awesome and my splurge too! :). Thanks for introducing us to this, we will definitely go ack!