Thursday, January 20, 2011

Such a Fine Wintery Day

When I left for the eye Doctor this morning the temperatures were mild and the air felt a little damp. When I left the eye Doctor and went next door to Collina's for lunch, the wind had picked up a little and the air still was damp. I left Collina's in the rain. It was windy and rainy when I went into Barnes and Noble. It was downright windy, wet and cold when I came out. Now less you think that I was in there for a large amount of time, oh no. Contrary to belief I can be in and out of a bookstore. It was fun to look around and download a book. Also picked up a much needed journal. Oh, friends, if you believe I need another journal you are very naive.


I learned something really interesting at the eye Doctor this morning. With dilated eyes in the exam room I saw that what I thought was gray plaid on my blouse is actually a sage/military green plaid. Macy's needs better light and I need to pay attention. There is a little gray in the design but not as much as I had been misled to believe. I questioned if I really had on gray pants and fortunately, I did. So, it is not too much of a mis-match. While navigating slick streets with dilated eyes I bet I was one of the few who wore sunglasses while driving in the gray overcast day. Some of the lights in my vision seemed huge and distracting, but they were just normal, it was me who wasn't normal. Please, no comments on that sentence. You know I had a little spiritual moment there in the exam room when I realized my blouse is not the color I thought it was. How often do I mistake things around me as a crummy distraction when in actuality if I would let the Lord open my eyes to the real value He has in it, what would I see? What changes would I make? For me, getting dilated eyes is an ordeal. It takes several attempts to get drops into my eyes. Often after the drama of drops is over the person who had to administer the drops says, you should never ever consider contacts. Am I willing to go through the ordeal of God opening my eyes to see what He sees and because then I will see differently, will I make myself available and be a willing servant to be used. Or will I talk myself into believing it is something of my imagination and dismiss it with a oh it's not too bad, like I did with the realization of my blouse actually having military green in it? I would hope my spiritual heart, ears and eyes would know the handiwork of God...


Why do they have you pick out glasses with dilated eyes? You are at the mercy of the person fitting you for glasses. I think between the two of us I made a good choice or rather choices. They were having a special on the second pair of frames. So I went with some normal, functional looking glasses and then a pair with some colorful flare. I told her I don't mind being 56 and picking some younger looking glasses but I didn't want the look of that older woman who wears flamboyant, wild, over the top glasses. All I would need is a bunch of animal print tops, gold skinny jeans, and gold glitzy peep toe shoes.


On Tuesday, I met Cassi for lunch. Did the old person thing and went a little early to do some shopping thus insuring I had a close by parking spot. Found a couple of bargains at Pottery Barn. We had a wonderful lunch and time is always too short while we try and catch up on each other's lives. Tuesday night, Bible study started. I got to sit with Lisa P and it seemed like old times. We love repeating what Beth tells us to say to one another. I also met some ladies from Dallas who happened to be in Houston for a Mary Kay deal. They kept saying, you get to come to this all the time. You get to come to this all the time!!! We are indeed fortunate. I have even printed off the homework and intend to really do it for this study.


We continue our search for a new place, well new to us. We started to make an offer on the condo we looked at but began feeling too much pressure to move quickly from the owner. We made that mistake back in the day and don't want to repeat that one. So, we've been looking at places on HAR and we need to find a real estate agent. All in good time. I have heard Charles Stanley on the radio talking about God's timing and reading Soulprint by Mark Batterson is giving direction but this I know, unless the Lord builds the house...or condo...or townhouse....

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I hate it when they make you pick out glasses while your eyes are dilated. Stupidest thing ever! I am glad that my new eye doctor doesn't dilate eyes, but has this special camera thing that takes pictures of your eyeball. Pretty cool! I'll send you her name if you want it.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

You are so blessed to hear Beth on Tuesday nights......