Monday, January 17, 2011

Uncomplicated, Simple Life

Once again Buddy and I are bonding. The few times I have been home today has been an opportunity for Buddy to jump into my lap and take a winter's nap. I love it when she is like this. Although she is not a fan of my attention to typing a blog post.


This morning I had an early appointment and since I was in the neighborhood, I stopped in at The Bistro for a quick lunch. I forgot today is a holiday so the Bistro was busier than usual. I had my Nook with me, so I had a crab stack and a good book for lunch. The mango tea is like the pecan pancakes, via con Dios but it has been replaced with peach ginger tea. Have to say I love the peach ginger tea more than the mango.


Today Roy began driving to work again instead of taking the bus. It was a nice break for him, taking the bus. He got a lot of reading into his schedule and he didn't come home stressed from driving home in traffic. His after work schedule kind of made the decision for him and he decided if he was driving into work, he would check to see if any assigned spots remained in the company parking garage. He got his old parking place back that maybe has been empty for over a year.

My life should be Real Simple for several years to come. I paid for the magazine subscription twice, thus simplicity will be extended into my life for several years to come. At the fore mentioned Bistro lunch I was reading several articles on how to simplify life and experience more peace in the process. I've got to get control over my new found energy to be cranky over little things. If I don't stay in those given preset parameters, I will find myself back at the beginning of this journey and have to begin the process once again. So, back to the simple thought...anyway one of the things I read today is to have simple friends. No not simpleton friends, but friends who are easy going, light hearted, not extremely insecure, basically uncomplicated friends. Face it, if we are friends with those who are always stressed out, always angry and impatient, and negative, we can pick up those same traits and complicate life even further. The Bible says several times in Proverbs and I am sure in other books, although I'm not too sure where those verses might be, but they are in the "Book" people, that we should chose our friends wisely. :) (another people reference which means I am watching too many reruns of Toddlers and Tiaras.) Choose your friends wisely that's all it takes. Yea, like look at Job. His friends complicated his life big time when he was going through a very rough season. Rough season is rather understated but that's all I have right now. If you find yourself with friends who seem to complicate every event, conversation, and plans you have together, you might want to take inventory and manage the friendship differently. I'm fortunate that I don't have friends who are like this. Oh there are other people in my life that complicates things, but not my friends.

No comments: